Is this configuration possible?

nasked

Is this configuration possible?

Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:37 am

Hi:

I'm very happy using your netonix switches. In fact i've 5 units each of a different model. The WS-12-250-DC is an amazing switch :shock: :hurray: . I have come to have a tower with a Airfiber 24 and 6 Rocket M5 operating at 10 volts and the tower has not fallen (i can send screenshots... :thumbsup: ).

I wish to install in a tower, two netonix WS-24-400B units. First unit is working all time, and the second is for backup. In case unit 1 is broken, then second unit, with the same configuration, start to working.

Problem is that this tower is far and if switch 1 is broken we must go there to change FTP wires to second switch ports. I was thinking to install a splitter in all FTP wires, but i don't know if i will be any problem with POE's.

I attached a picture to explain my idea...if not possible, pse send me some idea.

Thank you and congratulations for your netonix.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Re: Is this configuration possible?

Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:13 am

Ethernet can't be split like coax. You would need radios with 2 ethernet supporting both PoE input.

You can to have a second set of radio, maybe with some kind of revert watch dog (probably can script it via CLI since you as access to the linux CLI), that radio would turn up only if radios on switch 1 are down but hoping that it's not just the link between the two switch else it would mean main and backup radio up at the same time. 2 link between switchs with STP to prevent loop would probably be the best option to avoid that.

Return to General Discussion