Management VLAN

shiftenterprises

Management VLAN

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Correct me if i am wrong but i do not see anything in the switch to change the management vlan.

Currently our setup is

1-7 Untag vlan 10
tag vlan 172 1-7

tag 8 on both because its our uplink.

we can see everything just fine we just cant see the switch.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Management VLAN

Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:49 pm

Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

shiftenterprises

Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:32 pm

You know that was kind of rude, yes i know you have search function and yes i did try that before i posted to not have a reply like that. Is it possible that you can add an easier way to change the switches management vlan?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:49 pm

shiftenterprises wrote:You know that was kind of rude, yes i know you have search function and yes i did try that before i posted to not have a reply like that. Is it possible that you can add an easier way to change the switches management vlan?

I am not trying to be rude, I simply made the assumption that you either did not know about the search box or possibly that you did not think to use it as I easily found those posts with the exact same question you're asking?

So my options were to ignore your question since I had already answered it many times or point you in the right direction.

I am a firm believer in the whole saying about teach a man to fish and he eats for life.

If you read the posts I gave you above they explain how to change the management VLAN ID and and Description, I am not sure where your confusion is then?

So big deal we require the FIRST VLAN definition to always be the management VLAN but you can change the ID and Description, where is this a limitation?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion