Switches look awesome

amishgenius
Associate
Associate

Switches look awesome

Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:06 pm

I got tired of waiting on the new switches :rofl4: So I decided to go visit Netonix to see where they be. I found netonix, and the switches...lots of them. And I found the programmer putting the final touches on the software.

I took the switch for a test drive, it looks really awesome. Very functional and didn't have to hunt through various menus just to figure out how to reboot it. There seems to be a hangup with LACP at the moment and that may not make it into the first software version....I am really looking forward to putting one to use :)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Switches look awesome

Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:17 pm

I really enjoyed seeing Sam, we did have a couple nice dinners together at Vinolas and Red Lobster as well as a few drinks. :cheers:
Sadly I was unable to uphold to my normal standards of getting shit faced as there is just to much going on......maybe next time! :ak:

Thanks for stopping by Sam I know that is an 8 hour drive for you BOTH WAYS! :crazy:

For those of you that have pre-ordered switches I am sorry for the delay, this week for sure, just a little more clean up of the initial firmware release!!!! Sweeping

We plan to continue to add more features to the firmware over the next couple months! :mrgreen:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

amishgenius
Associate
Associate

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:47 am

It was an awesome visit...and Chris' network never ceases to impress me.

PS...yes, it was 8 hours each way....but I did have to go visit my little brother before he runs off to China for the next 5 years :)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:22 pm

Eric found the problem with LACP :hurray:

A BASIC EXPLANATION
The problem was caused by the recently implemented Storm Control where the manufacturer poorly documented it's implementation where one "assumed" setting the value to "0" would be disabled and it silently rounds the integer up to 1. To disable Storm Control one is supposed to set the value to the highest number. :ak:

So, now we are proceeding with the testing of the remaining features currently implemented and hopefully tomorrow or the next day we will ship out switches! Pirate2

I APPRECIATE ALL YOUR PATIENTS AND SUPPORT!
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion