10g eta?

quadra
Experienced Member

Re: 10g eta?

Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Wispwest ------ je n’espère pas que NETONIX va nous lâcher nous avons de gros projet avec ces switch !!

Je rappelle que seul netonix fabrique des switch DC qui gère une entrée 12 V DC du 24 POE 48 ET VH !!! :hurray:

Vous confirmez monsieur NETONIX ?

qlex

Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks Julian. Well, if you hear anything more, or if Chris gets a chance to respond, I'd be interested.
Thanks.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:31 am

We have started Generation II switch concepts and designs. We are trying to do something never done before with Gen II in respect to POE, can't say much more than that but Julian is pretty right on as in late Q3 or Q4 time frame.

Gen II will be built around a whole new even higher grade switch core with SFP+, routing, and much more.

One of the problems is trying to do all this and yet still keep as much production as possible in North America and compete with China production price points.

Netonix is scheduled to finally pay back all the seed money that was put up by the owners by end of Q2 this year. Then our next goal is to pay back all the back pay that Netonix owes Dave and I by end of Q3 this year. Dave and I went almost the first 2 years with no paycheck.

After that Netonix will free up a lot of revenue that is currently being skimmed off to pay back seed and back pay and things should really speed up after that as far as developing more products.

We have learned a lot over the past 3 years as far as making DC2DC power supplies, making switches more resilient with poor grounding, make the switches smaller, and cost effective designs that I think moving forward will result in some even better products.

Generation II switches and "other products" will incorporate all that we have learned in these first 3 years.

Also after we are all paid back and paid up to date we plan to put some of that money to work with new hirings so people will have to wear less hats and can concentrate on their own tasks.

I hope to get more people with more patience to help with forum support as I have gotten a reputation of being such an "asshat". - LOL - SORRY
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

SemperFi

Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:57 pm

First - I love Netonix product. I have 18 out there now and no regrets at all. I plug them every chance I get...

I have a need for SFP+ for an upcoming project connecting to Siklu 5500FD's. Please please please....

angelinawt

Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:49 pm

I have the same question, when your will launch the SFP+ switches.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:58 pm

Was written on page 1, probably Q4.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:07 pm

Dave our engineer wants to come out with a SFP+ version before that but I am reluctant.
We could simply put the 10G Core in place of the existing core on the new WS-26 board but it would only be passive POE and not also active POE.
I am hesitant.
I wanted our first GEneration 2 to support both Active and Passive POE.

My concern is how many WISPs would want a (2) Port SFP+ and 24 Port 1G copper??

If we did that we could have one by early summer but that is a $350K+ investment and I do not know how much it would sale as it would be $100 more than the WS-26-400-AC which will be priced at $549.95 so $649.95 for (2) SFP+ ports and Layer 3 maybe Layer 4 switch?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

ZeRoc0ol

Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:08 am

forward 1 year and no 10G switch .... I guess we can forget about it ... we needed so went and bought Ubiquiti

qlex

Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Hi,
I'm just checking in to see what the status is of 10Gb+ capable switches might be? We'd really like to implement these ASAP.
Thanks.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:26 pm

10G is done & certified, currently undergoing some 10G SFP testing....will be in production in the fall for sure....

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion