Availability after launch

Sp1

Availability after launch

Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:12 am

So what is your stock situation going to look like so far? Is this going to be like UBNT where it is impossible to get without a pre-order on the books for the next 6 months? Just wondering if I need to plan on keeping a bunch on the shelf. I hate to add to a possible low supply issue by hoarding something I may not need for a while.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Availability after launch

Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:38 am

Sp1 wrote:So what is your stock situation going to look like so far? Is this going to be like UBNT where it is impossible to get without a pre-order on the books for the next 6 months? Just wondering if I need to plan on keeping a bunch on the shelf. I hate to add to a possible low supply issue by hoarding something I may not need for a while.

Our first batch coming VERY soon will be a limited number but we have several thousand units scheduled for release in September and another several thousand scheduled for October.

We have not yet decided how many to build for November or December.

Now will that be enough.....guess it depends on how many we sell?

I will say I have gained a lot of respect for Ubiquiti and the difficulties involved in bringing a product to production.

Components have long lead times which means you have to "guess" how many you will need months in advance. :crazy:

Make a single small hardware change and you can add 3 to 6 weeks to your production schedule. :headb:

Since I do not have Robert's deep pockets it becomes an even harder job of resource management. :Box:

I and the entire team have worked very hard on this project and I really hope you guys like them! :working:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Sp1

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:41 pm

Are you seeing decent demand so far?

Even if I had no direct use for the products you are making the hardware geek in me would want them.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:05 pm

Sp1 wrote:Are you seeing decent demand so far?

Even if I had no direct use for the products you are making the hardware geek in me would want them.

I am getting a few calls and back orders sure. :wink:

I am using the switches now at my WISP and "I" like them a lot I just hope that the WISP community also likes them as well! :?:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion