They are OK
100%

Total votes : 1
sirhc
Employee
Employee

NEED FEED BACK PLEASE

Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:10 pm

So I am at a point where I need to place POs for future production runs and I have received very little feedback on the new WS-8-150-AC and WS-8-150-DC models.

I need to know what people think of them and how many they think they will use.

Remember it is up to 16 weeks sometimes from PO to completion so I have to order pretty far out.

Currently we have another production run landing behind the current one around the end of July 1st week of August but no production runs are scheduled beyond that at this time.

Please comment below on your impression of the new models.

List which models are your favorite and least favorite including all models we currently make.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sakita
Experienced Member

Re: NEED FEED BACK PLEASE

Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:37 pm

No, I haven't installed either of the WS-8-150-XC models... yet. If I do have any more locations come up where we would have used a TOUGHSwitch in the past (we've bought > 50 of them) - I'd buy the Netonix instead.

Generally, in our typical application, I like to have the SFP ports and > 6 copper ports. Our first switches had 2 fiber 6 copper and in most locations we've outgrown that port quantity (we built it and they came :smile: ).

Many of our wireless locations will eventually get fiber so it doesn't hurt to have SFPs. Given the cost savings of the Netonix product over other equipment we can still save a bundle and have the 2 + 12 ports of the WS-12-250-XC product so we have places to plug in all of the new things that keep coming our way.

Currently we have 8 of the WS-12-250-AC out in the field. These have been going in locations that have UPS battery backup. As this has been going smoothly I'm getting the process going to get another 30 of them now... and probably more to follow after that. :D

We do also have several of the WS-12-250-DC that will be deployed at locations without UPS backup... so we can use a 12VDC power supply with battery backup (Meanwell DRC series) - we don't use that much PoE at these sites - maybe one or two items. If that goes well, we'll probably get a bunch more of those too.

We do have some of the WS-8-250-DC switches and if we need more switches for that application we'll probably use the WS-12-250-DC as we need the smart power supply and more ports.

Have you considered doing a switch that has 24VDC passive PoE and 802.3af/at? I'm still trying to make sure we become as close to 100% habitual about turning off PoE before moving cables but for 802.3 compatible devices it wouldn't hurt to have standards-based power features on startup - although I suppose it wouldn't help when someone unplugs something hot, would it?
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

tma
Experienced Member

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:38 pm

I've just ordered 20x WS-24-400A and 20x WS-12-250-AC. The 12-port model fits our smaller sites and has some spare ports for future growth. That is to say: While the 8 port models would be just enough to convert over from TS8, we got many cases where we used all ports on the TS8. The 12-port models give us 4 (currently free) extra ports which is good to have. Therefore, I won't buy the 8 port models.

PS. The WS-6-MINI has it's own uses a cases a "tower switch".
--
Thomas Giger

quantumx

Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:22 pm

The WS-12-250-DC/AC fits our typical site requirements, 20+ in service. We purchased 2 of the WS-8-150-DC switches when supply was tight on the others, and they function well.

Having said that, future purchases will favor the WS-12-250-DC model because of the 2 additional VH ports.

Return to General Discussion