Bounce a port via SSH

Brough

Bounce a port via SSH

Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:56 am

I have a switch for which I've lost http access. I can SSH into it from an attached router. I need to bounce port 1. I've spent 20 minutes with the various built-in help functions and haven't found it and now I've spent 15 minutes searching the forums without finding a set of directions for switch control via command line.

Can someone point me at the command info or just tell me how to bounce port 1?
Thanks!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Bounce a port via SSH

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:09 am

Press ? or type "help" and press Enter to get a list of commands where you are in the CLI

You spy Configuration so type in "config" and press Enter which will take you into configuration mode not unlike Cisco

Press ? and you get a list of commands for root of Config mode

You spy interface so type "interface" + space + "?" and press enter

You see you need to select the port so type "interface port" + space + port number and press Enter

Now you are in the configuration of that port #

Press ? and you get a list of commands for where you are now

The same simple logic to get commands is throughout the CLI modeled after Cisco CLI

You can use the Bounce command under interface or use the POE command to turn POE OFF then back ON

When done your config changes do Ctrl + "z" to Save/Apply your changes and take you out of config mode
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:11 am

Not sure why you lost the UI interface, maybe you are running an older v1.3.X where the UI can get messed up from a bug in the MAC table display Tab.

If so upgrade to v1.4.2

To reload the web services drop to the linux shell by typing "CMD" and pressing Enter:

Now type this and press enter: "/etc/init.d/lighttpd restart"

To go back to CLI type "exit" and press Enter
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Brough

Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:15 am

Thanks. The lost access to the GUI was nothing to do with the switch and everything to do with one of our guys putting the wrong management address/IP gateway address on the switch.

Not having come to WISPland via Cisco networking, I mistook the answer "port" in response to to "interface ?" as wanting "interface 1". When I gave it "interface port 1" is worked just fine.

Thank you.

Return to General Discussion