Netonix Manager / Control Software

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Netonix Manager RC

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:27 am

mike99 wrote:Probably already planned but I think "schedule" tab should have a [+] buton to add scheduled tasks.

Not really as to add a new scheduled upgrade you would have to go back to the Device tab to select the Device(s)?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:46 am

I think it's Just a little confusing at first. When I try to guest how it work, the first think I've done was trying via the schedule tab and I'm some will do the same. Also, I think it's a little scary the first time to click on the upgrade buton without knowing if you will be able to schedule it.

Finally, if you want to add more fonctionnality scheduled option like maybe the possibility to run a scheduled shell script, I think it would make sence to add it via the schedule tab.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:03 am

I just scheduled a firmware update for 4AM with option "upload a new firmware" (1.3.9) and the manager upgraded it right now instead of scheduling it.

If I click to upgrade the same device again, I have the schedule box check but the schedule tab is empty.

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:07 am

sirhc wrote:You're confusing me, our software only address our switches????

When I upgrade radioes, routers etc. (Nothing to do with Netonix switches) I normally reboot everything including the switches.
A reboot of everything makes sure nothing hangs in the system....

Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:39 am

mike99 wrote:I just scheduled a firmware update for 4AM with option "upload a new firmware" (1.3.9) and the manager upgraded it right now instead of scheduling it.

If I click to upgrade the same device again, I have the schedule box check but the schedule tab is empty.

You probably accidentally scheduled the upgrade for last night instead of tomorrow night, in which case the upgrade would occur immediately. I'll add a check for this in the UI.

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:44 pm

Eric Stern wrote:You probably accidentally scheduled the upgrade for last night instead of tomorrow night, in which case the upgrade would occur immediately. I'll add a check for this in the UI.

That because Mike is in Europe like me. We're used to 24 hours clock, not AM and PM which confuses us :tinhat:

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:48 pm

jjonsson wrote:
Eric Stern wrote:You probably accidentally scheduled the upgrade for last night instead of tomorrow night, in which case the upgrade would occur immediately. I'll add a check for this in the UI.

That because Mike is in Europe like me. We're used to 24 hours clock, not AM and PM which confuses us :tinhat:

Well... 4AM is the same on a 12 hour clock as it is on 24 hour clock. 4PM would be 12+4=16:00 hour.

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:21 pm

lligetfa wrote:That because Mike is in Europe like me. We're used to 24 hours clock, not AM and PM which confuses us :tinhat:

Well... 4AM is the same on a 12 hour clock as it is on 24 hour clock. 4PM would be 12+4=16:00 hour.[/quote]

I know, but since we're stil not use to it, it's confusing and not something you do in a hurry. It not on your fingertip... :idea:

mike99
Associate
Associate

Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:16 am

jjonsson wrote:That because Mike is in Europe like me. We're used to 24 hours clock

Nope, america (Montreal, Quebec, Canada). We use both in practice (english domination heritage 12 hours format learn from our parents vs 24 hours format learn from school).

Not far, wrong time zone. :headb: I used a debian container so timezone is already configure at GTM 0 and forget to change it.

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Re: Netonix Manager / Control Software

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Where do I report errors ?

On Windows 7 I sometimes has to restart the service. It's like the program hangs....

When can we expect new version ?

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion