Netonix Manager / Control Software

Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Re: Netonix Manager / Control Software

Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:07 pm

mike@surfglobal.net wrote:We finally got it installed and is working but the interface is extremely buggy on the debian server. Of course 1.0.0rc9 came out a day later that we upgraded to. No change in the bugginess of the web interface. The crash error notice always stays on top even if you click on the link to send the crash report.

If you can be more specific I can look into it.

MichaelBrandl

Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:31 am

nriedman wrote:I very much appreciate the netonix manager application for firmware upgrades. It certainly saves me a lot of scripting time and maintenance. I have experienced one problem with it at this point. Not all devices will show on the devices tab. I have over 20 switches but at the moment only 3 show up. They are in the database because I show the devices added in the log and I cannot add the same ip again as it states it already exists. I have tried chrome and firefox with the same result. I have also reinstalled netonix manager and node.js but the database still stays (I cannot determine where the info is located because when I reinstall, everything is still there). Any ideas?

This is what I have, make sure your switches are either on 1.3.9 or above.

Or disable Monitoring. Then they all show up.

Thanks

Mike

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:13 pm

not bad :) scheduled firmware updates is nice. Would love to see some charts for throughput in here. maybe some event triggers so you could see if a port is bouncing etc.

sakita
Experienced Member

Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:25 pm

sirhc wrote:
WisTech wrote:@Chris -

I have one switch that keeps trigger an 'offline' event. I don't see anywhere to customize how many 'unreachable' events happen before it is marked 'offline'. I'm not dropping any packets through this switch back to our gateway where the control software is, and all switches on the network are running 1.4.0rc25, but this one keeps triggering an offline event and I get an email.

I am not sure Tony? But then again I run the Linux version which I do not have that issue.

I guess keep trying to figure out what is causing the issue and we can fix it.

I know someone else was running a windows version and had to disable something to get it working right.

Anybody else have luck figuring this glitch out?

Ours is running on Windows Server 2008 R2 (same box as our AirControl 1 system). There are 9 switches (8 @ WS-12-250-AC, 1 @ WS-8-250-DC) all running 1.4.2 on the system but only two of them have this issue (both uncooperative ones are WS-12-250-AC).

The pattern in the log shows 'online' with 'offline' 11 seconds later... followed by 'online' 4 seconds later (repeating). Both switches ping consistently with no dropouts (mostly < 1 ms with an occasional uptick to a a few milliseconds - but very stable).

Worst-case I suppose I can turn off 'monitor' on those two until I figure it out.

When I first set it up I had email enabled and was all like this..
george.gif
...then I got 125 emails ("Jane stop this crazy thing!).
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

Eric Stern
Employee
Employee

Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:11 pm

The manager is unable to connect to the webserver on the switch (HTTPS 443 unless you changed it). The manager makes the initial connection to the switch over SSH, which is working and why it comes online. After the initial connection it switches to using HTTPS to get stats from the switch because its much faster. But the HTTPS connection is failing so the switch goes offline. Next time around it tries SSH again which will work, and you get this loop.

So something is preventing the manager from making an HTTPS connection to the switch.

I've changed the logging for the next version to make it more informative if this happens again.

sakita
Experienced Member

Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:00 pm

Thanks for the explanation. I'll have to dig a bit deeper to figure out why just https would be intermittent.

Interestingly I went into the those two switches and double-checked the settings and verified the password and then re-enabled monitoring... no glitches with those two for now.

Definitely some digging to do on this end...
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

MichaelBrandl

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:32 am

It would be great if when you scroll further down the list the toolbar with upgrade, open web UI etc scrolled with it.

We have 40+ Switches on there and scrolling back an forth can be time consuming.

Thanks

Mike

MichaelBrandl

Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:10 pm

Thanks for implementing that last change :D

In case you didn't know the click to sort fields don't work any longer on RC12.

Thanks

Mike

MichaelBrandl

Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:04 am

Also would it be possible to have a search box at the top to be able to search by Name, Firmware etc?

Thanks

Mike

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:31 am

MichaelBrandl wrote:Also would it be possible to have a search box at the top to be able to search by Name, Firmware etc?

The current version is broke but you used to be able to click on the column headers and sort based on that column. I am pretty sure Eric will fix this on the next version.

However with that said simply press CTRL + F and use the browser search feature
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion