Netonix Manager / Control Software

bipbaep

Re: Netonix Manager / Control Software

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:54 am

We also have a problem. When a switch becomes unreachable (lost connection, not reboot etc.), it might not always come up as online in Netonix Manager again. To "solve" the issue we just mark the switch(es) and click the pencil, and then click "OK" without editing or uncheck/checking anything.

Beanhammer

Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:59 am

bipbaep wrote:We also have a problem. When a switch becomes unreachable (lost connection, not reboot etc.), it might not always come up as online in Netonix Manager again. To "solve" the issue we just mark the switch(es) and click the pencil, and then click "OK" without editing or uncheck/checking anything.

I've just come back to do something using the Netonix manager and loads of out switches have the same issue, click the pencil and then OK which reconnects it.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:30 pm

I have a few other bugs I'm working on in the main line of switch's and I have to complete the new product coming out. Once that is complete I will be able to get back to the manager and try to hunt this issue down.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:29 pm

Just installed the monitoring software for the first time so am a nube on this. Win10. I manually added seven switches by individual IP address and regardless of which browser used (Chrome, Mozilla, Edge) I have a Christmas tree. Each of the switches are randomly and quite rapidly but not in unison toggling between red, yellow and green. The following SSL error keeps getting generated for each:

Device '[xxx]' ([IP]) changed state to Offline: Error: write EPROTO 24148:error:1425F102:SSL routines:ssl_choose_client_version:unsupported protocol:c:\ws\deps\openssl\openssl\ssl\statem\statem_lib.c:1942:

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:28 pm

Couple things to try to start out. Restart the Netonix Manager Windows Service. If that doesn't help. Try re-installing the manager (the data files for the last install will still be there)

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:16 am

Tried both. Same behavior and recurring error.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:03 pm

OK I believe I know what this might be. check your node version. You may be using node version 12, try downgrading it to node version 8.

RebusCom
Experienced Member

Sat May 02, 2020 8:47 pm

That seems to have settled it down. Thanks.

marcbou

Sun May 10, 2020 4:43 pm

any news on the issue causing switches to not come back online ? seems like a pretty significant bug to me, it's quite astonishing that this isn't getting more attention.. how many more months will it take to get it fixed ? or will netonix manager remain alpha quality software forever ?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Mon May 11, 2020 10:56 am

As much as I want to solve all of our problems at once. I have a priority list that has been set by my superior's. There is a lot of things I want to do with that software including fixing that issue as well as adding in other feature's like large scale config manipulation. If you guys can bear with me for a bit longer I will eventually get too it if it kills me.

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion