Employee
Employee

Re: Netonix Manager / Control Software

Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:11 pm

You're welcome, glad I could help.

Brough

Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:44 am

I have one switch (out of several hundred) which shows up red. I can access this switch using https or ssh with no problems either way. I can see nothing different about this switch's configuration except it's firmware. I asked the Manager to update its firmware to 1.5.5 and this worked, i.e. the Manager was able to upgrade the switch, but it still appears red and the Manager still says it's "rebooting" although the switch has come back on-line and is working normally.

What could be wrong?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
One red device - ???

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Do you see it connecting and disconnecting in the logs?

Try disabling monitor on that switch and then re-enabling it for that switch.
NetonixManagerMonitorEnable.PNG

Brough

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Deleting the device, disabling monitoring and adding it and then repeating again with monitoring and we're on-line! Thanks>

Brough

Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Is there any way to extract the list of devices to a csv file?

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:04 pm

RIght now I'm afraid there isn't, but I can add it in the near future.

sakita
Experienced Member

Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:35 am

Just a quick thought - on the software upgrade popup window maybe make the dropdown list under "Select a firmware from local repository" default to the newest version that has been downloaded (and maybe sort the list in newest to oldest order). This not only will help me not accidentally downgrade a switch but also provides a quick visual of whether I have the most recent version since the "Download a firmware from Netonix" dropdown shows the most recent version available for download.

Thanks so much for this tool - it makes it so we can keep our 111 (and growing) Netonix switches up to date. :-)
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:37 pm

Simple enough, I'll put it on the list along with the CSV exporter.

Brough

Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:08 pm

I've been running the Netonix Manager on my Windows desktop machine since last week. When I came in this morning, many of the switches show red. It is possible the VPN from my office to our network went down at some point, but it is up now and has been up for more than 12 hours and yet, some devices are still red.

I know they are reachable as I can log into them from my desktop on a different tab on the same browser.

What am I doing wrong???

Capture1.PNG
Red devices in Netonix Manager

Capture2.PNG
Device is not red - I can log in

Brough

Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:29 am

It's now three days since my last post. I went back to look at the Netonix Manager session that is still running on my office desktop system. Despite the fact that my desktop computer has been continuously connected to our network for more than three days, the Netonix Manager has not reconnected with the all of the switches it originally found, i.e. things are as they were in my previous posting - only the date has changed. (See the first screen capture below).

As an experiment, I deleted the first four devices that showed red and then did three scans to try and reacquire those switches, i.e. I scanned 10.20.174.0/24; 10.24.177.0/24 and 10.24.3.0/24. These scans rediscovered the four formerly red switches plus one more switch than apparently wasn't discovered by my original scans more than a week ago. See screen capture 2 below.

So my Netonix Manager is still running but it lost access to 82 switches, four of which I've just restored. I will now delete the other 78 switches that are showing red and re-scan the five address blocks needed to rediscover those 78 switches. But how long will the Manager remain connected to all switches?

Am I the only one who has seen this problem?
Is there any data I could capture that would help in debugging what is going on?

As I mentioned in my last post, I'm running the Netonix Manager on a Windows 10 computer that has a VPN connection to our network. All of the switches have management addresses in the 10.0.0.0/8 address range. All of the switches are accessible if I go directly to their management addresses in a different tab of the same Firefox browser.

Capture1.PNG
Failure to reconnect with switches continues after three days.

Capture4.PNG
After deleting switches and re-scanning, the switches are re-acquired correctly - plus one more that wasn't captured in the original scans.

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion