Netonix Manager / Control Software

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Netonix Manager / Control Software

Mon May 08, 2017 10:53 am

I pinged Eric pm this, we have to wait for his response.

I suggested that when the light is Yellow a mouse over will display the errors in the log and allow the user to clear the notification and the light goes green again. Is that what you were thinking?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

ict-plus

Mon May 22, 2017 6:07 am

I installed the netonix manager a few days ago and everything works well. However, some questions and wishes have surfaced during use:
- With more than 60 devices, I would be very grateful for a filter option (for example, name, IP address, firmware version, ...)
- Setting the scanning interval (every 5 seconds is not necessary for us and generates unnecessarily many sessions). Our switches are connected in remote networks by VPN!
- The yellow state is not traceable and can not be reset (or how can i do this?)
- Uptime is sorted as text and not by time
Thanks for the great work!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon May 22, 2017 8:15 am

A yellow light indicates there is something in that switches log to view (an error)
Login to that switch and view the Log for errors will clear the yellow light
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

tonym

Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:53 am

Would be neat if we could pull in devices from an api, for example:
Code: Select all
curl -H 'X-Auth-Token: YOURAPITOKENHERE' https://librenms.yourdomain.com/api/v0/devices?type=os&query=netonix

Will get all the dns/ips and other information for all Netonix devices in LibreNMS. After that, we just need some way to set the credentials.

Brough

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:44 am

I installed the Netonix Manager (1.0.5) on a Windows office PC yesterday as I'd like to upgrade 130+ switches to current firmware. After adding two specific switches and exploring the UI, I asked it to scan 10.0.0.0/8 and went to work on other things. As of this morning, it had found nothing. So I tried 10.28.141.0/24 and it found the one switch in that range. Then I tried 10.28.0.0/16 and it found the dozen or so devices there. Then I tried 10.20.0.0/15 - that worked. Now I'm running 10.8.0.0/14 and it's is busy finding devices.

One minor annoyance - As the manager is finding and adding devices, existing devices go red and and fields on the devices screen go blank. Quite likely, the workload is straining the CPU on my 8 year old workstation but, if there's a polling cycle that isn't completing, it would be nice to not update the screen until a subsequent polling cycle does complete.

Brough

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:53 pm

The /14 scan worked so I tried the 10.0.0.0/8 scan again and, after a minute or so of delay, got an error message:
so at least I know /8 is not permitted.

Brough

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:58 pm

Hmmm, why didn't that image show up?

Its public URL is https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6IK1 ... HJvRk9vM2M
Google claims anyone with this link can see the image...

Brough

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:11 pm

I'm running a scan to add new devices in the range 10.12.0.0/14 but as this runs, I'm getting a slew of log events, for example (just a small extract):

7/13/2017 2:04:38 PM Device '28Brainard-FL4-PoE-SW' (10.28.132.2) changed state to Offline: Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT
7/13/2017 2:04:42 PM Device '242EBerkley-FL5-PoeSW1' (10.9.162.3) changed state to Offline: Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT
7/13/2017 2:04:45 PM Device '' (10.28.24.2) changed state to Offline: Error: ESOCKETTIMEDOUT
7/13/2017 2:04:49 PM Device '28Brainard-FL4-PoE-SW' (10.28.132.2) changed state to Online
7/13/2017 2:04:53 PM Device '242EBerkley-FL5-PoeSW1' (10.9.162.3) changed state to Online
7/13/2017 2:04:56 PM Device '1Fitchburg-FL5-PoE-SW' (10.28.24.2) changed state to Online

This only happens during scanning. Otherwiswe, everything is normal - certainly NetXMS show these switches as on line and responding to SNMP.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:15 pm

We can not see your pictures, please follow the instruction in the footer of my post to "upload" pictures.

ONLY YOU CAN SEE YOUR PICTURES

Brough

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:52 pm

Suggestions:

1. On the device display, Bandwidth displayed appears to be for port 1. I'd prefer to see the total bandwidth through the switch, or have what's displayed selectable.

2. Is there some way to sort the order in which devices are displayed? I'd like both sort by IP address and sort by device name. Obviously sort by other columns would be useful, but I can get sorts by temperature or by power, etc., from other tools.

3. I'd love to change the width of certain columns in the device display. All our switches have address information as part of their names. As a result, switch names take at least two lines so only half as many devices display on the screen at once.

4. Is there a limit on how many switches can be displayed? The log says it's found various switches but they haven't shown up in the display of devices. Indeed I appear to have 69 switches listed. Most listings take two lines to those 69 devices appear to use 135 lines of display - but that's it. I can't see the newly found devices.

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion