RMA Procedure for Warranty and Repair

Julian

Re: RMA Procedure for Warranty and Repair

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:12 am

To complete the RMA process please perform the following steps:

1) Copy the form below and paste it into an email. One form for each switch, please.
    RMA#: (we provide this)
    Warranty or Repair: (your best guess as to which)
    Date:
    Forum name: (Your forum username)
    Name:
    Company:
    Address 1:
    Address 2:
    Address 3:
    City:
    State/Province:
    Postal Code:
    Telephone:
    Email:
    Model:
    MAC:
    Purchased from:
    Date purchased:
    Symptoms: (Please be as specific as possible)

2) Send completed form(s) in the body of an email to rma@netonix.com with the subject line "RMA Request"

3) An RMA number will be assigned and emailed to you.

4) Print the 2nd email and include it along with the switch inside the box. Proper packing will speed your repair and lower the cost. Things occasionally happen during shipment, which we are not responsible for. USE USPS AT YOUR OWN RISK -- It might get here, but maybe not quickly.

5) Ship your package to this address:
      Netonix
      Attn: RMA # <your RMA number(s) here>
      154 Earland Drive
      Building 5C
      New Holland, PA 17557
      USA

6) Once received, your switch will be opened, tested, and repaired. An email will be sent detailing the technician’s findings and the cost of repair, if any - A link will be sent for the appropriate repair service to be purchased through the webstore.

7) Once repair service is paid, we typically send the unit out the same business day, using your selected method.

n63guy

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:42 am

If I have multiple switches to send in with RMA #'s. Am I able to ship them out in one box with and one RMA sheet or pack each switch with its own RMA form?

Julian

Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:53 am

I do prefer them to all be packaged together, it helps with organization once they get here. I need the RMA form for each switch, but most people stick them all in one file and then print that file.

Wireless-DSL

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:47 am

Hi,

i have an WS-12-250-DC with burned Ports (killed buy defective solar charger) PSU is working, can i order WS-12RB in Germany?

ewolff06

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Hello. I have a WS-24-400B switch that we managed to blow up 4 of the POE ports on. We were switching out old UBNT gear that runs on 24v to ePMP 2000 radios that run on 48v. The radios booted up fine connected directly to the switch but we started blowing up ports when we ran them through our surge suppressors.

http://www.l-com.com/surge-protector-in ... -protector

Taking these suppressors out of loop prevented this issue from happening so it was definitely these that caused the issue. We have them running through the UBNT suppressors now and they are running fine. The ports are definitely blown up because they show voltage on the ports with nothing plugged in.

We would like to send this in for repair, and obviously this is an issue we caused. My question is, do you offer some form of Advanced RMA replacement, or should we order a new switch and then RMA this switch? I have a spare 12 port but not a spare 24 port.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:54 pm

ewolff06 wrote:Hello. I have a WS-24-400B switch that we managed to blow up 4 of the POE ports on. We were switching out old UBNT gear that runs on 24v to ePMP 2000 radios that run on 48v. The radios booted up fine connected directly to the switch but we started blowing up ports when we ran them through our surge suppressors.

http://www.l-com.com/surge-protector-in ... -protector

Taking these suppressors out of loop prevented this issue from happening so it was definitely these that caused the issue. We have them running through the UBNT suppressors now and they are running fine. The ports are definitely blown up because they show voltage on the ports with nothing plugged in.

We would like to send this in for repair, and obviously this is an issue we caused. My question is, do you offer some form of Advanced RMA replacement, or should we order a new switch and then RMA this switch? I have a spare 12 port but not a spare 24 port.

No, we do not have advance replacement, sorry.

This is a year old switch but yes we will repair it.

Using EThernet surge protectors on passive POE switches i snot a good idea, even the UBNT surge suppressors because how they work is clamp all 8 wire together which is a short.

99% of WISP damake is from ground current not surges and surge protectors do nothing to protect against ground current.

Best practice is to make sure tower grounds are bonded to electrical service ground rods and possible add additional ground rods to electrical service ground rods.

Here are some good posts on grounding:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2786&p=19279#p19279
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1816
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=188
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1786&start=30#p13447
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1429
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jagman2020

Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi,
I just want to order some spares..
Living in Australia sending switches back for repair etc seems like a long process and would rather buy some spares, send the boards back for repairs..

I have purchased through your online shop but it said I need permission first to buy them.
Please let me know what the process is...

Wireless-DSL

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:31 pm

jagman2020 wrote:Hi,
I just want to order some spares..
Living in Australia sending switches back for repair etc seems like a long process and would rather buy some spares, send the boards back for repairs..

I have purchased through your online shop but it said I need permission first to buy them.
Please let me know what the process is...

Me too, I’ve byed the spare Board but nothing happens to my order, and I send e-mail and did not get answer! 14 Days and nothing happened!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:42 pm

Those boards on the site were priced for a DIstributor in another country that we are training to be a repair center, MSRP to end users would have to be a higher price.

Then there is the problem the board needs to be serialized by us else the board does not know what model it is or what its MAC is.

This is an issue we are discussing internally.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Wireless-DSL

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:12 pm

sirhc wrote:Those boards on the site were priced for a DIstributor in another country that we are training to be a repair center, MSRP to end users would have to be a higher price.

Then there is the problem the board needs to be serialized by us else the board does not know what model it is or what its MAC is.

This is an issue we are discussing internally.

No problem, you can get the serial if needed, and if i know that, my dealer can place this order too.

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion