RMA Procedure for Warranty and Repair

pcourtney

Re: RMA Procedure for Warranty and Repair

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:24 pm

Hello Netonix (posting here as per Chris's email to me )

we replaced an old WS-12-250-DC switch with a WS-12-250-AC ( as we now have mains utility power at that site)

but stupidly I opened up the case of the DC and removed the DC PSU to test it and have now misplaced the Smart DC PSU

PSU = 250 Watt SMART DC power supply accepts 9V to 72V DC variable input while providing uninterrupted 24V and 48V POE

would it be possible to buy a Smart PSU DC from you, I see the AC version is on the website which I was about to buy, but I don't think I can use that, but if I can then that would be great - not sure how plug n play the PSU's are, and whether you can even change from DC to AC on the WS-12

https://www.netonix.com/replacemet-part ... 0w-ac.html

obviously I would prefer the DC replacement if possible :-)

we are in England UK, so sending the switch back to you - for you to then send back to us seems a bit daft !

vnce

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 pm

I hope this is the correct spot to post this,,, I sent In an RMA request about 2-3 months ago now I detailed what went wrong and how its actually a repair instead of an RMA and requested we get the switch repaired which I am More then willing to pay for.. I have had no response, I even emailed sirc, i then sent in an rma on a different switch and have already sent it in and received it back,, any Change you guys will get to repair units anytime soon??

Julian

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:45 pm

I do the repairs, and I generally keep a 24-48 hour turnaround time. I emailed you at the email address associated with your forum account, please get in touch.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:52 pm

vnce wrote:I hope this is the correct spot to post this,,, I sent In an RMA request about 2-3 months ago now I detailed what went wrong and how its actually a repair instead of an RMA and requested we get the switch repaired which I am More then willing to pay for.. I have had no response, I even emailed sirc, i then sent in an rma on a different switch and have already sent it in and received it back,, any Change you guys will get to repair units anytime soon??

If you sent an RMA request 2-3 months ago and I never gave you an RMA # then I did not get the request?

Please resubmit your RMA request, if you do not hear back from me in a couple days something is wrong.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

vnce

Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:52 pm

I will resubmit the request then,, you guys go on this quickly,, thank you.
I didnt want to submit one and then have a couple sitting there and then you dont know which one is which,,

RDU3

Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:18 pm

I have a WS-12-250-AC and a WS-12-250A that I am trying to connect with singlemode fiber. The 250A sees the SFP module but the new 250-AC doesn't recognize the SFP module. I have tried TP-LINK TL-SM311LS and StarTech SFPGLCLHSMST modules. I have tried swapping modules between SFP ports and also between the two switches. I have tried different fiber runs. I have tried the modules going from the switch to a SFP media converter. If I go from the 250A switch to the media converter to the 250-AC switch it works fine. Regardless of the combination the 250-AC switch does not seem to recognize anything on either SFP port. Am I missing something in the setup or os there a problem with the SFP ports? The 250-AC is firmware version 1.4.7rc18. The 250A is firmware version 1.2.2. I have been reluctant to upgrade the 250A firmware just in case the problem is with the newer firmware. The 250A is a few years old, the 250-AC is brand new. Any suggestions?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:39 pm

This post really does not belong in this thread, better/correct place would be this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=293#p1239

I guess the SFP ports might be bad, test the SFP port by trying a copper SFP module.

Did you notice that the SFP port has speed duplex settings that you may need to change from auto to 1G. If you hardcode 1 side of a fiber link to 1G or Auto make sure the other side matches.

You should upgrade that ridiculous OLD firmware.

Older firmware was hard coded to 1G or Auto don't remember as that firmware is well over 28 months OLD, we added the ability to select 1G or Auto to be more compatible with more SFP modules.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Julian

Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:18 pm

So, here's what I can't fix:

Chassis_internal.jpg

We got this switch in with a few others, apparently there was a lightning strike on an ungrounded building -- Take that, all you guys that say grounding doesn't make a difference.

BoardRemoved.png

If you think that's bad, try the bottom of the board:

Board_underside-resized.png

All of the board interconnects were welded together, so I had to do a fair bit to even get the board out.. not as much as they had to do to get the switch out of the rack, though, from the looks of this:

Chassis_Dent.png

When it's this bad, RMA is probably not your best option. Thought you guys might enjoy a dose of electronics gore. Pirate5

Mike Taylor

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:36 pm

RMA#: (none yet)
Warranty or Repair: (If you know it was damaged put in REPAIR as we often give discounts for honesty)
Date:8-23-17
Forum name: Mike Taylor
Name:Mike Taylor
Company:WifiHarbor
Address 1:819 San Simeon Dr
Address 2:
Address 3:
City:Newbury Park
State/Province:CA
Postal Code:91320
Telephone:805-469-1936
Email:wifiharbor@gmail.com
Model:8373649 - Netonix
- WS-12-250-AC - 12-Port Managed PoE Switch AC 250

MAC:EC:13:B2:61:D4:30

Purchased from:Neobits.com Order #NW219517

Date purchased:Jan 18, 2017
Symptoms: When programming settings and select save the power light blinks steady and reconnect cannot be established without repowering. also the fan runs very slow when it used to run fast.

Julian

Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Mike Taylor wrote:
Symptoms: When programming settings and select save the power light blinks steady and reconnect cannot be established without repowering. also the fan runs very slow when it used to run fast.

If you scroll down a little in the instructions, it directs you to email the completed form to RMA@netonix.com

I've taken the liberty of doing so for you :)

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion