RMA Procedure for Warranty and Repair

rkelly1
Experienced Member

Re: RMA Procedure for Warranty and Repair

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:11 pm

Glad you are getting the colonoscopy! Keep close tabs on that. A 5-year gap seems like a long time with your family history.

"Considering your RMAs are both repairs from storm damage according to your RMA submission I would assume you would like the fact that we repair units?"

Yes, I like that you repair units!....But I can only like it If I could get those RMA's! ;-)

jclendenan

Re: Stock Locator

Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:04 am

Hey Chris,
Any updates on the boards? Were you able to clear the backlog? I've got a couple small projects in the pipeline that I would love to use the switches for, but am a bit shy about ordering them without being able to give the customer an ETA on spare stock if we need them.
Thanks,
James

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Stock Locator

Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:00 am

jclendenan wrote:Hey Chris,
Any updates on the boards? Were you able to clear the backlog? I've got a couple small projects in the pipeline that I would love to use the switches for, but am a bit shy about ordering them without being able to give the customer an ETA on spare stock if we need them.
Thanks,
James

We are selling replacement boards but people have to go through the RMA process.

They must first submit an RMA form.

Sometimes we ask the user to do some diagnostics and take pictures of the board and then if we determine the board needs replaced they can purchase a replacement board which we then program as a direct replacement and ship them the board to install themselves.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

robert.van

Rebooted then would not start-up

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:35 pm

I have a new WS-12-250-DC and we just installed the unit a couple of weeks ago and the unit rebooted last week and would not come back up,but when I arrived at the site I unplugged some of the unit to get it come up. When I did that it started to come up but then it went dark and the only thing that came on was the Green PWR light, so I then tried to get into the unit via Ethernet and serial cable and nothing worked at all. The foloowing is what we have on the unit as of right now, 2 - Dragonwaves(48v), 4 - AP 2000 ePMP's(48v), 1 - BB 1000 ePMP(48v), 1 - 2.4 Ubiquiti AP(24v), Mikrotik and 3 - 900(not powered). This unit was bought through a Distributor on 11/29/2016 and was not installed until 1/19/17 and had to be switched out no 2/3/17.
My question is this, what would make it not power up at all, when it did power up but then just went to the green PWR light only thing that shows power but none of the ports get lights?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Rebooted then would not start-up

Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:01 pm

robert.van wrote:I have a new WS-12-250-DC and we just installed the unit a couple of weeks ago and the unit rebooted last week and would not come back up,but when I arrived at the site I unplugged some of the unit to get it come up. When I did that it started to come up but then it went dark and the only thing that came on was the Green PWR light, so I then tried to get into the unit via Ethernet and serial cable and nothing worked at all. The foloowing is what we have on the unit as of right now, 2 - Dragonwaves(48v), 4 - AP 2000 ePMP's(48v), 1 - BB 1000 ePMP(48v), 1 - 2.4 Ubiquiti AP(24v), Mikrotik and 3 - 900(not powered). This unit was bought through a Distributor on 11/29/2016 and was not installed until 1/19/17 and had to be switched out no 2/3/17.
My question is this, what would make it not power up at all, when it did power up but then just went to the green PWR light only thing that shows power but none of the ports get lights?

Have no idea, how could I tell from the limited information provided?

What version of firmware?
Would need to see your config Tabs?
Would need to know what your powering the switch with?
What model Dragonwave radio is this and are you powering the Dragonwaves with 48V or 48VH?
What POE options on the other radios?

When you arrived on site did you use voltmeter to measure the voltage reaching the switch at the connector and if so what was it?

Where is the unit now?
Did you pull from service and bench test it in office?

So many questions so few details.
Could be anything really?
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

robert.van

Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:21 pm

What version of firmware? It had 1.4.6 on the unit
Would need to see your config Tabs? I cannot access it at all
Would need to know what your powering the switch with? Power with Traco power TSPC 240-124UPS
What model Dragonwave radio is this and are you powering the Dragonwaves with 48V or 48VH? Horizon Compact +
What POE options on the other radios? I cannot access switch at all

When you arrived on site did you use voltmeter to measure the voltage reaching the switch at the connector and if so what was it? Yes it had about 26 V

Where is the unit now? I have in office and still cannot access it at all, Just has Green light above PWR
Did you pull from service and bench test it in office? Yes, but no access

So many questions so few details.
Could be anything really?

Let me know if you have more questions

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:15 pm

I would RMA it then and we will see if it died or was damaged somehow?

robert.van

Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:57 pm

Ok will Do

Julian

Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:53 pm

Robert - I checked your switch out yesterday; I had a couple of questions, so i emailed you. Don't know if there's an overactive spam filter or something, but i sure could use your input :)

robert.van

Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:56 pm

I emailed you, please call me!

PreviousNext
Return to General Discussion