WS-6-Mini - 2 Rocket M5s and small Mik?

sporkman

WS-6-Mini - 2 Rocket M5s and small Mik?

Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 pm

Is it feasible to power two Rocket M5s and a tiny Mikrotik (hEX) from a WS-6-Mini?

Mik is 4 watts, M5s are I believe 8 watts (both at 24V).

Also we may do DC-only at this location, am I correct that the smallest DC switch that takes a wide variety of input voltages is the WS-8-250-DC?

Lastly, if we go DC, any current recommendations on battery/charger combos for this size setup with either of the above switches?

Thanks!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-6-Mini - 2 Rocket M5s and small Mik?

Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:47 pm

Is it feasible to power two Rocket M5s and a tiny Mikrotik (hEX) from a WS-6-Mini?
Mik is 4 watts, M5s are I believe 8 watts (both at 24V).

Yes so long as you are feeding the WS-6-MINI sufficient power.

am I correct that the smallest DC switch that takes a wide variety of input voltages is the WS-8-250-DC?

Yes the WS-6-MINI requires 48V input, either POE IN on Port 1 or the use of a barrel connector.

Lastly, if we go DC, any current recommendations on battery/charger combos for this size setup with either of the above switches?

Personally I use Optima Blue Top AGM batteries

I would also suggest you run 24V sites. Yes the WS-12-250-DC will run on as low as 9V but when you run a 12V site the efficiency is less and your power budget gets decreased from 250 watts to 150 watts and by the time your input drops to 9V you only have 100 watts.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to General Discussion