Availability Update(s)?

sakita
Experienced Member

Availability Update(s)?

Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:31 pm

Looking to get some more switches and wondering if the outlook has improved at all?

Previous updates highlighted that POs from last year were still unfilled with some delivery dates were continuing to slide further into the future (basically what we've experienced where the expected delivery date is when the vendor delivers the news of how many more months until they *might* deliver the item... then the cycle repeats :roll: ).

Back in February it was mentioned that a new 1.6.0 version was being worked on (if I understand correctly, this was for the new current sensors which - in theory - might have some actual availability). How is that going and will it mean better availability or will it just mean other parts will be the bottleneck (i.e. progress but no improvement in the situation)?

Maybe a weekly update? If nothing new just say nothing new which is at least something :cheers:

Thanks for continuing to plug away at it :thumbsup:
Today is an average day: Worse than yesterday, but better than tomorrow.

sakita
Experienced Member

Re: Availability Update(s)?

Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:27 am

Never got a reply. Haven't seen much in the way of updates. I'm worried about you guys. :???:

mayheart
Experienced Member

Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:14 am

I've been getting stock slowly drip in from either Netonix.com directly or resellers.

The lack of firmware development is concerning, more so that the WS3 line has a pretty bad security bug that was reported earlier this year that still hasn't been fixed.

There is also apparently still an issue with QinQ and double tag issues on the WS2 line up with the latest.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:50 pm

we are still here...WS3 code is being worked on...still a nightmare trying to get parts...

jpaine619

Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:29 am

Dave wrote:we are still here...WS3 code is being worked on...still a nightmare trying to get parts...

Well don't give us anything more than that.... Always a great policy to keep your customers in the dark...

Do you have any projections? Can we get any idea of how many units y'all are able to produce in a production cycle? I'm teetering on the edge of abandoning y'all at this point. Netonix is an information black hole.

hot-to-trotsky

Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:34 am

Love that somehow there's a connection between "supply chain issues" and "we stopped bug fixes for existing switches".

I'm no "Brandon" fan, but scrolling through here and seeing no updates, but seeing the owner's tagging posts with the coward's version of "F*ck Biden" as if we're supposed to go, "oh, we can't have new stuff because Dark Brandon has it out for job creators" or whatever... like come on. Are you running a business here or an excuse factory? It's really sad to see, this company used to actually personify the actually good "small business" that was able to out-flank the Ubiquitis of the world by being somewhat agile and responsive to customer feedback. That seems gone, and the political posturing is just kind of sad and unnecessary - make up your mind, boy's club or business.

Dave
Employee
Employee

Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:34 pm

well, this guy (me) doesn't make any political comments...politics should stay out of business....it is still F#@! hard to get parts....our contract manufacturer tells us half of their customers are having major issues getting parts, not just us....frigging parts vendors take your PO's and then later tell you it will be an incredibly long time to get parts, with no real fixed dates...we have even used up all of the industry's broker parts we could find for our products..even that has dried up.

sorry I can't offer better news other than we have orders in for boards & are waiting...

you may think it is an excuse, but it is the truth, and it is beyond painful for us.

and living in Canada, I really don't understand the "Brandon" stuff at all....

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:32 pm

Dave wrote:well, this guy (me) doesn't make any political comments...politics should stay out of business...

And politics should stay out of this thread. We all know the other guy lacks a filter. Anyway, all this is somewhat out of context here in this thread since there is none of his unfiltered content here.

Maybe this thread should just be closed since it has gone sideways.

sakita
Experienced Member

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:09 pm

Yeah, no need to get political here.

I started this thread just hoping for some sort of regular update as it seems many customers are frustrated and might appreciate a "yes, we're still alive and doing our best given the circumstances" update every now and again. From here it looks like y'all are in a painful cycle of having to redesign and scrabble to put stuff together with what you can get - which requires software changes - and all that combined takes away from having the time to actually move the firmware forward. Spending resources while being severely hampered on the income side.

It may be a bit of a broken record to say it more than once but any update is better than silence.

And if anyone wants to talk politics, meet me down at the bar and together we can agree on this and disagree on that :cheers:

Dave
Employee
Employee

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:55 pm

sorry...can't resist.....yes, we're still alive and doing our best given the circumstances...and the circumstances are out of our control..... :willy:

Next
Return to General Discussion