WS-6-MINI low voltage actions?

richinuk

WS-6-MINI low voltage actions?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:41 am

Hi guys,

I don't yet own any WS's, but looking to use them as we're moving to mixed 24/48v sites.

My question is... does the WS-6-MINI have the ability to monitor input voltage (poe or DC) and start turning off non essential radios when the voltage drops (signifying we're on battery power)?

For example, our urban pops are mains powered via a float charger and our kit runs off the batteries. Currently we use Mikrotik's and we script those to shut down non essential kit when it detects a mains outage so we extend our battery runtime. I'm looking for something similar.

Also, I saw mention of the hibernate function, and that the WS-8-150 didn't support it but the WS-12-250 does. How about the WS-6-MINI?

Thanks,
Richard

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: WS-6-MINI low voltage actions?

Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:15 am

The WS-6-MINI is not a SMART DC which accepts 9V-72V, it expects a constant 48V - 54V input level.

Anything less than 43V it will simply turn off 48V POE but still power 24V

If the voltage drops too far it shuts off and there is no SMART controls like in the models designed to accept a wide range of DC input.

All of the SMART DC switches allows for ports to be powered off based on DC input voltage.

SMART DC MODELS:
WS-8-150-DC
WS-12-250-DC
WS-26-500-DC
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

richinuk

Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:20 am

Ok, so a WS-8-150-DC would allow me to, for example, use a 24v battery supply floated at 27.6v, provide power to both 24v and 48v systems, turn off the ports to just the backup radios when the voltage drops below 26.5v, turn those ports back on if the voltage raises above 27.3v, and turn off all ports and hibernate when the voltage drops below 22v?

Thanks,
Richard

Julian

Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:24 am

richinuk wrote:Ok, so a WS-8-150-DC would allow me to, for example, use a 24v battery supply floated at 27.6v, provide power to both 24v and 48v systems, turn off the ports to just the backup radios when the voltage drops below 26.5v, turn those ports back on if the voltage raises above 27.3v, and turn off all ports and hibernate when the voltage drops below 22v?

Thanks,
Richard

Richard - Yep, that's pretty much the exact scenario for which it's designed.

richinuk

Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:02 pm

Wonderful! That's a sale then.

Thanks for the info.

Richard

Return to General Discussion