Shield kits ...

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Shield kits ...

Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:32 pm

Someone should post a link back to this post over there since I can not respond

LINK THIS POST=> "http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=921&p=6975#p6975"

IN FACT PLEASE LINK THIS POST SOMEWHERE USEFUL AND OFTEN => "http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=188&p=483#p483"
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Mikea
Associate
Associate

Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:51 pm

Just FYI

eejimm.jpg
eejimm.jpg (125.39 KiB) Viewed 10828 times

I respect his opinion but he some times writes suggestions and give info that he don know much about.
He claimed on another post that HP DL380 G6 can't support SATA disks without the need of PCI cards...

eejimm2.jpg
eejimm2.jpg (161.54 KiB) Viewed 10828 times
Mike A - www.iwisp.gr

ISW-Mike

Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:49 am

I'd watch posting actual pictures of the UBNT forums -- their UA states that they have full right of ownership of all content provided, and anyone using the site agrees they have no right to reuse anything there (record, process, etc...), including the author's post (3rd party content), which is automatically copyright by the author under US law. There could be another issue with openly discussing posting something at the request of a banned member 'evading bans' is their term. It's a typical corporate forum user agreement. Netonix now produces gear that is in direct competition w/ UBNT, regardless the features. It's a fine line to walk, and I caution against it. They shrugged off a loss of $34 mil....nobody here would likely survive losing that much $$.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:40 am

sirhc wrote:Someone should post a link back to this post over there since I can not respond

LINK THIS POST=> "http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=921&p=6975#p6975"

IN FACT PLEASE LINK THIS POST SOMEWHERE USEFUL AND OFTEN => "http://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=188&p=483#p483"

Me saying someone should post a link back to my rebuttal on this forum to a post over there directed at me or my company is not violating anyones copyright and I hardly believe UBNT would be that petty. Besides that everyone is entitled the right to refute any and all allegation brought against them.

My second request to post a link to "GOOD GROUNDING TECHNIQUES" is hardly trying to circumvent any banning process, that post is an informational post that helps them more so than me and it is something that WISP's should learn and does not even mention my products in that post, just good grounding practices. I have been preaching Good Grounding Practices for years over there before my ban and since then here. They are GOOD THINGS TO LEARN.

And lastly my being banned for an "undisclosed reason even to me" from a forum that is the only source of technical support for their products puts my WISP in a severe predicament but whatever.

As far as posting a snap shot of a post for information purposes, that would be a hard sale as to a copyright infringement. There are several provisions in the Copyright Laws that allow snippets of information even short clips of movies and sports events to be disseminated without violating any copyrights.

But we are going off on a tangent, I Love Ubiquiti and the people that work there and I can not believe they are anywhere near that petty. Could Robert sue me because he does not like the color of my socks....sure, could he cause me undue hardship just because he want's too....sure he could, will he.....I think not, he is cooler than that.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

ISW-Mike

Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:45 pm

sirhc wrote:
But we are going off on a tangent, I Love Ubiquiti and the people that work there and I can not believe they are anywhere near that petty. Could Robert sue me because he does not like the color of my socks....sure, could he cause me undue hardship just because he want's too....sure he could, will he.....I think not, he is cooler than that.

Is the whole issue not 'petty'?

Previous
Return to The Lounge