Tik/VPN help?

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
TheHox
Experienced Member

Tik/VPN help?

Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:47 am

I setup a 4g cell access at one of my towers so I can remote into my network if my AF5 upstream link was to go down.

I have a modem/router provided by verizon, I have that DMZd into eth10 on my Mikrotik. I created the local IP address on that interface, I have made the firewall rules to get winbox and the webUI working, but I am having a hard time getting a VPN to work.

The goal with this, is when the AF5 goes down (due to another tenants 5.8ghz link set to AUTO taking out my AF5), I can VPN into both sides of the AF5 and make changes to get it back up, from anywhere with internet/4g access. As for now I really can't go far from the home/office with the risk of that AF5 going down and me unable to change it.
Attachments
tik.png
tik.png (11.82 KiB) Viewed 7551 times

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: Tik/VPN help?

Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:48 pm

because verizon likes to block ports and protocols (gre for instance). SSTP will cut through it, and openvpn might as well.

You might be better off just making an SSTP server on that target system, and a client on your head end router. You can enable the client when needed. It's not direct access, but I have to assume you can VPN to your head end without issue.

ISW-Mike

Re: Tik/VPN help?

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:23 pm

Return to The Lounge