compact 'sector'?

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

compact 'sector'?

Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Guys, I'm looking for a replacement kit for the NSM5 as a sector. I'm struggling to find a small form factor 20-30 degree antenna for a rocketAC-lite. The AC sector is physically too big, and all the 'little' ubiquiti sectors are too wide.

I live in a hilly area, so there are a ton of ravines. The NSM5 is a great device to shoot down a ravine but there appear to be no plans for an AC version or comparable product. The baby 5G-90-17 is just way to wide for this role.

I'm interested in the new Simper sectors from RF Elements (http://simper.rfelements.com/) but no idea when these will hit the market.

any other ideas?

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Re: compact 'sector'?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:51 pm

I'm really looking forward to try the Simper sector antenna from RF Elements. Very nice sized sector. I will hope it will work well with AC as the new AC sectors are just to large for me to fit at some of the sites...

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: compact 'sector'?

Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:08 pm

FYI, RF Elements told me that initially, titanwireless will be the distributor for the simper gear. They might start showing up this month. There are some models of the simper sectors that are very interesting. I'm always struggling trying to pick gain over verticle beamwidth. I end up with a the little ubnt sectors because of the greater verticle but sometimes those are to wide horizontally. I'll be ordering a couple to test w/ rocketAC-lites as soon as they are available.

Return to The Lounge