frustrated, bad wisps

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

frustrated, bad wisps

Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Just to vent, what a friggin' a-hole.

ran into an competitor at lunch yesterday.

me:
Hey, your sectors are all over EIRP, can you dial them back to legal, you're interfering.

them:
That's not the rule, I can run them however I like.

me:
let me forward the FCC guidelines, I have them for quick reference right here on my phone.

them:
I'm not changing them.

me:
but you're illegal and interfering with my gear 6 miles a way off those sectors. I'm seeing mid 60's on a sector, that's ridiculous. You'll notice that you can only see my sector way up in the 80's. You need to fix this.

them:
deal with it, walks away.

seriously!!! Guys got two dozen sectors in the area all at maximum output, an AF5 feeding just 3 rockets but eating up 100Mhz, and is an a-hole.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: frustrated, bad wisps

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:35 pm

Yea this is why I hated AF5, not that it is not a great link as far as engineering, quality, and value.

My fear is what they can do in the wrong hands.

Yes even airMAX stuff can be bad and yes AC equipment worse but they are not constant transmit.

I think the fall out of AF5 has yet to be seen, and as Matt Hardy threw in my face the other day but I explained that where as mass destruction has not yet been seen but the AF5 has been selling far below expectations.

I thought the AF5 would have sold at a much larger clip than it has.

The AF5 volumes are not even as good as AF24 which is fine by me.

But anyway I feel for you, sad situation!
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

wayneorack
Experienced Member

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Is this the guy you have been worried about disrupting when thinking about deploying your own AF5 link?

I don't normally advocate escalation, but this might bring him around to talk.... But if you worked something out, you might need to redeploy your AF5.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:55 pm

So, is ratting them out to the FCC an exercise in futility? Do they only care about protecting their license holders?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:00 pm

lligetfa wrote:So, is ratting them out to the FCC an exercise in futility? Do they only care about protecting their license holders?

FCC is slow if ever to enforce unlicensed grievances unless ti is causing problems with licensed or safety like airports and radar.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:06 pm

I don't want to report him to the FCC, I'm not that guy. I thought a conversation might work be he immediately got an attitude. He's probably pissed I'm taking customers away from him. He still does the old slow expensive plan and has a poorly build network (he isn't very technical and has gone through a few engineers).

Not sure yet what I'm going to do, I won't stoop to his level though. If I just take all his customers then it won't matter how much power he feeds those sectors :/

amishgenius
Associate
Associate

Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 pm

What Chris said...

I am also of the opinion that going more microcell is a very good idea in many cases. This allows you to keep your gear closer to the ground and see less interference. You also get better signal quality, and can get higher density. Plus if your competitor is slow to move, you will be way ahead of him.

Side note, 10 ghz is still out there in limbo, but it could happen. If you have small microcells and short distances you should be able to use it if it ever comes available.

I know, I know...coming from the guy that has 600 ft tower.

Return to The Lounge