advice on possible AF5 link.

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: advice on possible AF5 link.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:25 pm

yeah, I'd kinda 'settled' on waiting til late next year and doing the SAF Lumina. I'm just running up to my current links limitations pretty fast. 5150-5250 is good for me, but I suspect it's going to be a while before RocketACs are opened up and AF5 doesn't work there.

The Mimosa B5 is UNII-2 *pending* but that would be a possibility when/if.. The B5c can be hooked right to the RD-30 so it's a pretty straight forward upgrade.

I see little hope for Mikrotik's Netmetal 5, they don't appear to be making any effort to get certified w/ the FCC in any way. As I understand it, in a little over a year those might not be 'available' in the US for sale because of this.

Even considering adding another pair of rockets and bonding the link.

josh
Associate
Associate

Re: advice on possible AF5 link.

Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:23 pm

rebelwireless wrote:yeah, I'd kinda 'settled' on waiting til late next year and doing the SAF Lumina. I'm just running up to my current links limitations pretty fast. 5150-5250 is good for me, but I suspect it's going to be a while before RocketACs are opened up and AF5 doesn't work there.

The Mimosa B5 is UNII-2 *pending* but that would be a possibility when/if.. The B5c can be hooked right to the RD-30 so it's a pretty straight forward upgrade.

I see little hope for Mikrotik's Netmetal 5, they don't appear to be making any effort to get certified w/ the FCC in any way. As I understand it, in a little over a year those might not be 'available' in the US for sale because of this.

Even considering adding another pair of rockets and bonding the link.

Licensed is the way to go. Lease it to WISPER financing if you have to. (Not Nathan Stooke's WISP, but a financing company that deals with WISPs).

I think everything cost us $9k for the link, including the fcc filing with Liz Creekmore, propogation study, etc. Well worth it for a "set it and forget it" link.

Previous
Return to The Lounge