ipv6 to ipv4

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
LRL
Experienced Member

ipv6 to ipv4

Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:55 am

Ugh. I'm finally to that point where we're about out of v4 addresses. I have a direct allocation of v6 (/48) but I'm stuck on what v6 to v4 solution to use or just using Carrier Grade NAT for v4.

Anyone else been down this road already? I'm looking for suggestions and any experiences with different vendors and products. Opinions welcome as well.

I'm also concerned about copyright complains and pinpointing the offender as well.
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

LRL
Experienced Member

Re: ipv6 to ipv4

Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:37 am

Looks like IPv4 brokers are saying about $14 per address to purchase from another holder.
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: ipv6 to ipv4

Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:35 pm

We are CGNATing many IPv4 now. Have a /25 in the NAT pool, has been working quite well. We are using the NAT444 method.

Still offering publics, but getting them to clients via VLAN on the radio and an EoIP tunnel to the core. Then I bridge those with split-horizon to isolate the clients.

Return to The Lounge