new/computer illiterate installer, rj45 ends and crimper?

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: new/computer illiterate installer, rj45 ends and crimper

Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:52 am

Actually T568B is what most of your pre made jumper are
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Cameron

Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:18 pm

Damonsaz wrote:T568A wiring standard is more popular, which is always my choice.

Where? We only use B and I can count the number of times I've run into A on my fingers. Most of the times I've seen T568A is DIY stuff that we are fixing.

LRL
Experienced Member

Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:41 pm

We don't typically purchase patch cables anymore. I just buy several boxes of yellow stranded cat5e and put the newbies to work making patch cables till they're proficient. Then we introduce them to shielded cable and ends :smile: We typically have the newbie make an end on the end of each roll of shielded cable and then the other installers get to check that before using it.

We also use the patch cable making as something for installers to do when they have downtime.
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

zot

Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:30 pm

I've had my WISP going for about 7 months with over 70 customers. Tower #2 is partially on line and should be operational with 5.8, 900 and TV White Space by the end of the week. I've been using Shireen CON-RJ45-C5-100 connectors from the get go because my friends (who have been doing the WISP thing for 20 years) didn't want to complicate my life by requiring the skill level need for the other kind. They got me a Sulstar EZ-RJ PRO-HD and it is a breeze to crimp and clip the wires in one step.

I love the fact that the wires can be fanned AFTER they are through the RJ-45 for an easy check of the color code. I don't bother with testing a cable because the reliability has been so good that it is not worth the extra trips on the ladder.

I'm in Ohio, East of Dayton and south of Springfield - pretty rural and my customers are overjoyed to finally get a good net connection.

Zot

Charlie

Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:16 pm

We bulk buy the EZ crimp plugs off aliexpress \
Two new installers found them super easy and I have to say we havent had any bad terminations since switching to them.

We also use A wiring but its important to note that its light green, dark green, light orange, dark blue....

Previous
Return to The Lounge