1Gb or 10Gb upstream?

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
LRL
Experienced Member

1Gb or 10Gb upstream?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:52 am

Does anyone have experience in more than 1Gb of upstream connectivity?

We're currently pushing 80% of our primary link and I'm to the point I think it's time to add more bandwidth. I can add another 1Gb or I can go to a 10Gb and of course upgrade my head end to handle 10Gb.

We're currently multi-homed with two 1Gb links but L3 is certainly the heaviest hit. We've also had a few DoS attacks lately that have managed to put both links nearly full. I'm really leaning toward 10Gb, thoughts or experience here?
-LRL

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." - Thomas Jefferson

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: 1Gb or 10Gb upstream?

Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:42 am

LRL wrote:Does anyone have experience in more than 1Gb of upstream connectivity?

We're currently pushing 80% of our primary link and I'm to the point I think it's time to add more bandwidth. I can add another 1Gb or I can go to a 10Gb and of course upgrade my head end to handle 10Gb.

We're currently multi-homed with two 1Gb links but L3 is certainly the heaviest hit. We've also had a few DoS attacks lately that have managed to put both links nearly full. I'm really leaning toward 10Gb, thoughts or experience here?

10Gb all the way. Balancing links is a real pain. 'tik CCR are dirt cheap for what they can handle so 10Gb isn't out of reach.

Return to The Lounge