f*c*i*g toughswitches

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

f*c*i*g toughswitches

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:32 am

Another mother f*c*i*g toughswitch lets me down! Monday morning it was a toughswitch deciding to negotiate 10M on every port, 100m on reboot but never gig, and this morning is was a trek down 500ft and 100ft elevation drop on a cliffside to physically power cycle another toughswitch, oh, at 10degrees F.

Needless to say, two more netonix (WS-12-250-DC and WS-12-250-AC) on the way. Don't know why, but we've had 4 toughswitches start acting up in the last 2 weeks.

slarner

Re: f*c*i*g toughswitches

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:28 am

Tough-switches are the story of my life.

The 5 Port ones are really really crap. They decide to lock up if any kind of blip in the power.

We have started replacing them with WS-6-MINI and RB260GSP's where needed

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: f*c*i*g toughswitches

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm so burnt on ubiquity, pretty much across the board. Camera software is a nightmare, their switches cost me more time and fuel that buying good stuff not to mention pissing off customers, all but one of their AC sectors is miserable with the worse radiation pattern in the industry bar-none.

lets just say I hope mimosa delivers. ready to switch right now. I don't have enough tied up in ubnt AC gear to feel too bad about ditching it and it appears that Mimosa can take my M radios in 802.11n mode.

Return to The Lounge