Shielded connectors not locking on some ports

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
rkelly1
Experienced Member

Re: Shielded connectors not locking on some ports

Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:48 pm

We've had a fair amount of issues with the RFArmor connectors also. Many times they don't stay put or a little wiggle and they will lose connection. We don't seem to have any of these issues with the EZ or the UBNT connectors.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:10 pm

some people have reported issues but most do not have any issues?

I can not explain why some people do and some do not. I know some crimp tools do not work well with our ends.

The best I can say is if you like the RF Armor connectors great, you can save $22.00 per box but if you like the UBNT connectors use them.

If you buy the Netonix Ends and buy 4 boxes your entire order ships FREE anywhere in the world which can really help international customers who could save a couple hundred on shipping. However the FREE shipping is only available for customers that are not in a discount group.

We go through 25+ boxes a year at my wisp so $22 savings per box x 25 boxes = $550 savings per year which is nothing to sneeze at.

Personally my installers have no issues with our ends but to be fair they also never had issues with the UBNT ends but they do say our ends go on a little easier as the cavity is a little bigger.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rkelly1
Experienced Member

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:16 pm

I like less expensive connectors and would rather buy the Netonix! If you could refine them in future mfg runs, it would be helpful...there is something causing a fair amount of people to see an issue...just have to figure out the cause.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:47 pm

rkelly1 wrote:I like less expensive connectors and would rather buy the Netonix! If you could refine them in future mfg runs, it would be helpful...there is something causing a fair amount of people to see an issue...just have to figure out the cause.

So far I have less than 10 people with issues (reported anyway), not saying that even 1 is not too many but just putting into perspective as I have hundreds of people that re-order each month.

We sale about 500 to 1,000 boxes of ends each month.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Kevo

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:42 pm

rkelly1 wrote:I like less expensive connectors and would rather buy the Netonix! If you could refine them in future mfg runs, it would be helpful...there is something causing a fair amount of people to see an issue...just have to figure out the cause.

The cause is explained in the pictures earlier in the thread. We still use these because they are cheaper than other connectors, but our installers do still complain from time to time, and if they forget to shave or file the hump on the tab down they will come out on some of our power supplies and any moto/cambium radio. If you shave off the hump on the tab, they work fine.

The EZ RJ45s lock in solid and are easier to crimp, but quite a bit more expensive. It just depends on what you want.

If Sirhc can get his chinese connection to modify their mold or source a new mold to fix that tab then these would be pretty much perfect for our use.

Is there any update from China?

Kevo

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:46 pm

sirhc wrote:So far I have less than 10 people with issues (reported anyway), not saying that even 1 is not too many but just putting into perspective as I have hundreds of people that re-order each month.

We sale about 500 to 1,000 boxes of ends each month.

I'm not sure how many boxes we've bought, got to be nearing 100 now, but I've only complained once. As you know most of us in this business just figure it out and move on. We just shave them down. It's a pain, but the price is good so we live with it. If I could get a similar connector for a similar price or even a little more, we'd switch. The problem is we use a ton of these and our installers probably lose or waste about 10-15% of them, so price is a big factor. Thanks for making the price reasonable BTW.

Previous
Return to The Lounge