Banned from UBNT Forum?

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
jakecraner

Re: Banned from UBNT Forum?

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:34 pm

Couldnt have said it better myself. I could not have built such a profitable WISP in such a short time without Ubiquiti, but they wouldn't have had the cash flow to R&D AF5 without WISPs. I am just waiting for one malicious WISP in my area to buy a few... they already change channels to sit on the exact channel I do in the same areas... as though interference isnt a 2 way street....

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:03 pm

I am still in disbelief. You didn't tell me about the 'connector' incident though. We all agree that the AF5 while it works, will cease to work as well as our other PtMP if you start getting morons like Josh's competitor facing AF5 units towards your AF5 or AP's. As I previously reported, a RM5 on 5265 ceases to function correctly with an AF5 blasting at it on 5838Mhz but doesn't pick the noise up on a spectral analysis scan. Shoot, even both of my Roku directwifi remotes stopped working with the one on my roof transmitting anywhere on 5825 (where it statically operates and does not change)! Improper "IT Professional/wannabe" installations will be the death of WISPs as we know it guys. After seeing this, I really would have liked to have seen an AF6 with a 3' antenna array (modular for ease of transportation/installation) and at least an AF11. There is demand there. Until then, I'm going to have to be forced to use Exalt G2's with unlock keys for longer links as I can't afford to take down hundreds of subs when some moron installs a 1000' link at full power at 50/50Mhz FDD and wipes out my ~ -70dBm 14 mile link.

Tony

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:20 pm

WisTech wrote:I am still in disbelief. You didn't tell me about the 'connector' incident though. We all agree that the AF5 while it works, will cease to work as well as our other PtMP if you start getting morons like Josh's competitor facing AF5 units towards your AF5 or AP's. As I previously reported, a RM5 on 5265 ceases to function correctly with an AF5 blasting at it on 5838Mhz but doesn't pick the noise up on a spectral analysis scan. Shoot, even both of my Roku directwifi remotes stopped working with the one on my roof transmitting anywhere on 5825 (where it statically operates and does not change)! Improper "IT Professional/wannabe" installations will be the death of WISPs as we know it guys. After seeing this, I really would have liked to have seen an AF6 with a 3' antenna array (modular for ease of transportation/installation) and at least an AF11. There is demand there. Until then, I'm going to have to be forced to use Exalt G2's with unlock keys for longer links as I can't afford to take down hundreds of subs when some moron installs a 1000' link at full power at 50/50Mhz FDD and wipes out my ~ -70dBm 14 mile link.

Tony

Yea, I told them [UBNT] there was two reasons I was now going to do the connectors and even cable.
1) They keep integrating my shielding concept into their products which is fine but I have asked for 4 years for an official endorsement instead of me having to keep pushing it and pushing it to get people to try it. Had UBNT endorsed my product so many more WISPs could have had so much less problems these past 4 years plus on a selfish side I could have cashed in until they got the shielding right which I tried since the beginning to get them to consult with me and we all saw how the Ti line was not quite there as far as shielding. I have no idea how the AC line will be, maybe they got it right this time? Then they really try to fully integrate shielding in the AC line and their marketing material comes across as it is their innovative shielding concept/idea.....really.

2) I constantly have connectors and cable on back order. I thought OK when distributors run out of theirs I will have mine available and the money would come to me instead another unfriendly competitor. In fact we are just about out of ToughCable and I have had it on back order for over a month. I can not run a business this way so if I am forced to go buy another vendors cable why do I not just go after that business and keep it in the family so to say.

And yes the AF5 carnage is going to be bad with WISPs at the mercy of IT Professional/wannabes. It will be BAD!

As I said I took this to the forums so hard trying to get a grassroots movement hoping to get enough support to force Ubiquiti and Robert to actually listen but I got mixed support there. Some even called me a crack pot crying that the sky was falling so it backfired on me and well one thing led to another and here I am in exile. :cry:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:10 pm

sirhc wrote:As I said I took this to the forums so hard trying to get a grassroots movement hoping to get enough support to force Ubiquiti and Robert to actually listen but I got mixed support there. Some even called me a crack pot crying that the sky was falling so it backfired on me and well one thing led to another and here I am in exile. :cry:

Hey, I agreed with your "doom and gloom" about the AF5 and about how the ES was not WISP calibre but it just got me kicked out of SU and the ES alpha.

rockhead
Experienced Member

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:17 pm

Toe the line or get wished into the cornfield eh? Nice way to run a 'community'.
Might just have to jack up a tesla coil emp system for those rogue AF5's :o

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:53 pm

lligetfa wrote:Hey, I agreed with your "doom and gloom" about the AF5 and about how the ES was not WISP calibre but it just got me kicked out of SU and the ES alpha.

Sorry Les that was not my intention
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:55 pm

rockhead wrote:Toe the line or get wished into the cornfield eh? Nice way to run a 'community'.
Might just have to jack up a tesla coil emp system for those rogue AF5's :o

:lol:

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:31 am

UBNT-Ben

Hi Guys -

There was another post that was made by Chris on a separate list. We have decided not to respond to this, as we don't feel this is something that should be hashed out in public. The community forum will continue to be very open like it always has been and we will continue to listen to our customer base. The sheer number of products coming out with WISP focus will only continue (AC just launching...).

I (we) still like Chris, but there were some things that we did not agree on (there are always 2 sides to any story). This has nothing to do with comments on AF5 or a connector that he is planning to sell.

We could get into the specifics of this, but don't feel it is best place to do so. Know that it was not for discussing products, complaining about a product or anything else we encourage on this forum.

Thanks,
Ben

Well this was what I was told was the reason, sure would be nice to know. :roll:

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:19 am

I have to wonder what other list? Should we assume a list not on the Ubiquiti Community?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:15 am

lligetfa wrote:I have to wonder what other list? Should we assume a list not on the Ubiquiti Community?

I believe Ben is referring to the WISPA posts the other day, that is the only thing that comes to mind?

PreviousNext
Return to The Lounge