Production use for WS3-14-600-AC

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
mcatudal

Production use for WS3-14-600-AC

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi,

How far from production your WS3-14-600-AC switch is?

Do I may use on my production site now?

Regards,
Martin Catudal

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Production use for WS3-14-600-AC

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:37 pm

The WS3 are ready for production if:

If you received the original batch and returned the unit for modification or if you purchased one from the second round of BETA and have the latest firmware running on the unit.

There are (3) WS3-14-600-AC available on the site for purchases. Limit 1 unit per customer please as we want more feed back.

We are unable to "mass" produce them at this time due to semiconductor part shortages that are effecting not only us and other WISP equipment manufacturing but many other industries including the Auto industry is you have noticed many car lots empty of new cars.

We will only be able to build small quantities as we acquire parts over the coming months.

You may have also noticed we are already out of stock on many legacy models, again parts shortages. These shortages will be MONTHS long and you will soon see this across many vendors and it will only get worse before it gets better.

Also on a side note be ready for even more major inflation especially in the metal and semiconductor industries. As energy prices continue to rise driving up logistic expenses you will continue to see upward pressure on most other items as well such as food. But hey sure glad we cancelled that US/Canada pipeline and allowed Russia to finish their pipeline into Germany and then asked OPEC to increase oil production. MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! :bull:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

michaeln416

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:52 am

I am also waiting for when these will be production-ready. I've had one since March, RMA'd in April and we've applied the latest firmware. After 7.5 months it is not even close to being something that I'd trust on my network. We have to tiptoe around the UI or else it completely locks up and requires a reset.

Are you telling me that others are having a good experience with this, if so then please let me know so that I can send this unit back again.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:10 pm

This is not seen anywhere no, not to my knowledge.

Try this

Upgrade to v2.0.7
Factory default
Connect via console cable or via SFP port (no other cables in ports 1-12)
Run the command calibrate from the CLI either serial connection ot via the UI console which will calibrate the current sensors.

You NEED to not have cables in ports 1-12 so it can apply power and calibrate sensors.

Re-set back up manually, DO NOT export and import a configuration as you problem "could" be a corrupted configuration.

After you do above and still see it lock up please tell me what your doing in the UI to get the lock up.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Flo

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:32 am

sirhc wrote:[...]

You may have also noticed we are already out of stock on many legacy models, again parts shortages. These shortages will be MONTHS long and you will soon see this across many vendors and it will only get worse before it gets better.

Also on a side note be ready for even more major inflation especially in the metal and semiconductor industries. As energy prices continue to rise driving up logistic expenses you will continue to see upward pressure on most other items as well such as food. But hey sure glad we cancelled that US/Canada pipeline and allowed Russia to finish their pipeline into Germany and then asked OPEC to increase oil production. MAKES PERFECT SENSE!!! :bull:

Off-topic: Russia has finished their pipeline into Germany, but is denied permission to use it by German authorities due to EU regulations. Energy prices have almost doubled in Germany within the last 12 months due to the additional burden of increased taxation on CO2 emissions and re-increased sales tax.
Makes perfect sense if you are to enforce people to stay at home switching off brains while consuming social media and/or Netflix all day long.

Return to The Lounge