Tough Cable headaches? Opinions?

Kick back and hang out in the lounge and talk about almost anything.
henryt32

Re: Tough Cable headaches? Opinions?

Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:50 pm

I recently installed RF Armor for a job which consisted of Ubiquiti APs, Netonix switches, and RF armor cable for a camera job in the fall of 2017. Now a lot of the cameras are frying because the cable is cracking and letting water in. I sent an email to customer support over 2 weeks ago with no response. There is no number to call. I have over 30 cameras in this job which means I may have to replace ALL of the cable to prevent the rest of the cameras to go out. I can't find a phone number to call. I need someone to contact me immediately!! You all should definitely stand by your products.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:39 pm

I did send you a reply on Wed, Feb 6, 11:48 AM (9 days ago), check your spam folder.

I also called you cell and got voice mail that day and left a message.

I will resend it again.

Below is some of that email:

I tried to call you but got your voice mail.

I am very sorry about this. RF Armor is in big financial problems with this and probably will not survive it. Sadly we had just received another big shipment of cable from China which took most of RF Armor's cash flow and now we can not sell it as I took it off the market immediately when we got notified of the second failure within a week of the first failure as I was hoping the first was a fluke or simply a bad spool. A company in China that made the cable for us misrepresented the cable to us.

I am doing my best to save RF Armor and hope that the number of failures is limited.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

jadkins@skynetky.com

Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:38 am

I am seeing this now as well. I only installed about 5000 foot of it. I have to go inventory my tower sites now to see if I have any of it in service and I plan to replace it as well. It does not do well in cold weather. The outer jacket is breaking off.

alfred0809

Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:34 pm

Is buying custom length cables considered cheating?

Previous
Return to The Lounge