AF-5G30-S45 Dish Shield

RF Armor®™ is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
ripv

Re: AF-5G30-S45 Dish Shield

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:54 am

sirhc wrote:There would be no need for the Radome but the Radio box on the back is still being discussed.

Did anything ever come of the discussions regarding an Airfiber 5x radio shield box that would fit the back of the AF‑5G30-S45 dish antenna?

adairw
Associate
Associate

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:24 am

what radio do you plan to use with it? If an RM5 you'll need something to cover it.
If an AC or AF radio or even Mimosa or something, you're good to go.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:29 am

adairw wrote:what radio do you plan to use with it? If an RM5 you'll need something to cover it.
If an AC or AF radio or even Mimosa or something, you're good to go.

Actually I have found that the AFX Radios work much better with the DIsh Kit and Rocket Cover if airMAX radios are mounted close by but I have no cover for that dish, sorry.

Better to use the legacy dish and UDK25X "in my opinion"

I had an M5 airMAX radios 15 feet away that knocked my AF5X link off line without the shield kits that were pointed 90 degrees off of each other and the airMAX radios had shield kits already. Put AF5X on a legacy Dish with UDK25X problem solved.

The channels were right up against each other but not over lapping.

I was always afraid AF5X would kill airMAX but it seems AF5X gets knocked off easy my Legacy M5 radios

Put it this way, I redesigned the UDK25X and UDK5X because I saw a need just like before.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

adairw
Associate
Associate

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:31 am

Interesting.. Haven't seen that but I don't really have any airmax radios really close to much.
All our AF5X links are in UNII-1 except one which is in DFS and probably has a few NBM5 links and some RM5 sectors close by. The tower has like 12 radios on it total.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:33 am

I load up my towers, you know this.

Anyway this tower has AT LEAST 15 airMAX M5 radios and I have airMAX radios "right" above and below AF5X frequency and physical location is very close, less than 15 feet
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:34 am

I use ALL the spectrum at every tower - LOL

jjonsson
Associate
Associate

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:17 pm

I miss a cover for the AF-xX radios on the new UBNT dishes. @Sirhc, any plan of making radio only cover ?

It gives a huge difference with the cover, even though the AF-5X radio is very good shielded. You still have the pigtails bleeding.
On a heavy loaded site, you can see a difference. Normally running AirView from a radio behind a non-shielded AF-5X will certainly show you what frequency the AF-5X use. With the shield it's reduced....

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:23 pm

jjonsson wrote:I miss a cover for the AF-xX radios on the new UBNT dishes. @Sirhc, any plan of making radio only cover ?

It gives a huge difference with the cover, even though the AF-5X radio is very good shielded. You still have the pigtails bleeding.
On a heavy loaded site, you can see a difference. Normally running AirView from a radio behind a non-shielded AF-5X will certainly show you what frequency the AF-5X use. With the shield it's reduced....

Yes we have them coming out SOON!!!

We have a box for the back of all the new dishes and a kit for their NEW 24" dish which includes our version of the ISO BEAM and a back cover box for the same price as their ISO BEAM. :cheers:

Oh and for all you want it pretty guys these are all powder coated aluminum white.

Personally I like bare aluminum but what ever.

ripv

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:33 pm

sirhc wrote:
jjonsson wrote:I miss a cover for the AF-xX radios on the new UBNT dishes. @Sirhc, any plan of making radio only cover ? It gives a huge difference with the cover, even though the AF-5X radio is very good shielded. You still have the pigtails bleeding. On a heavy loaded site, you can see a difference. Normally running AirView from a radio behind a non-shielded AF-5X will certainly show you what frequency the AF-5X use. With the shield it's reduced....

Yes we have them coming out SOON!!! We have a box for the back of all the new dishes and a kit for their NEW 24" dish which includes our version of the ISO BEAM and a back cover box for the same price as their ISO BEAM. :cheers: Oh and for all you want it pretty guys these are all powder coated aluminum white. Personally I like bare aluminum but what ever.

Are the new AF5X shield kits mentioned above available yet?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:54 pm

We are getting ready to release the following:

A box for the back of the 23dB Slant 45 Dish (powder coated white aluminum)

A box for the back of the slant 45 Dish that uses the ISO Beam (powder coated white aluminum)
Note: we will have our own version of the ISO Beam that fits that dish in the fall that is less expensive (powder coated white aluminum)

We also have all new sector kits for "all" UBNT sectors coming out in about 2 weeks that will fit all Rockets from the legacy to the airPRISIM and even the AFX radios just incase

We also now have a Radome for the ARC Wirless 34 dB Dish now

We will soon have a box for the back of the ARC Dishes (30 dB and 34 dB) that fit "all" Rockets and AFX radios and both MicroTik radios.

PreviousNext
Return to RF Armor™