RF armor ends not working with Cambium gear

RF Armor®™ is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
gunther_01

Re: RF armor ends not working with Cambium gear

Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:57 am

Telrad 8000 CPE. Not quite their latest, as the 9000 is. But, we don't have any on the shelf at this time. I can say for sure we were using these latest ends that we purchased on the two we installed though. As we installed them within the past 4 months after our last order of RF armor ends.

I have one photo from this test. And here is why...

The non numbered end did just fine.
The numbered end, was just fine as well. After reading the cambium thread and how someone was able to pull the numbered end out after giving it a pretty good tug. I decided to do the same. ALL of my tests included a pull test. I'd rate them at a few pounds at least. I'm not a little guy, and I can pull pretty hard if I want to. But, I think I am being reasonable by giving a slight pull tug, and hanging the radio from the cable as a test weight. Some of these radios like the Baicells and Telrad are all aluminum and are pretty heavy compared to say an all plastic UBNT feed horn or nanostation type.

Any way, I gave this last unit a pretty good pull. And I was able to pull the end and cable out of the telrad. I did however damage the end in doing so. And it will no longer lock in to that radio. It will however lock in to some other devices like the Baicells, and even a Cambium router I had left on my desk.. So, I'm not sure if I damaged both the radio and the end, or just primarily the end. The non-numbered end WILL lock in to the Telrad, but the damaged numbered end with not any more... So, make your own case there I guess. This concludes my testing.

I've been told plenty that it's a crappy RF armor end. I should buy "better" ones. Cambium doesn't make junk, etc. etc.. I'm pretty convinced none of that is true. We have installed probably a thousande RF armor ends and never had an issue. This particular design with the numbered ends "seems" to be a little different design, and isn't as universal as the non-numbered ones IMO. The tab appears to be thicker, and the sear point on the tab lock is definitely a different design having a tapered end instead of the other design that does not. With that said. Cambium is certainly using a different designed port on their radios. It's dimensionaly different than any other port I have seen. And it's very clearly different in the center tab area. There is less relief cut in to that area, allowing both the tab to drop down fully. Which in turn won't let the sear fully engage in the port with this new, numbered end design. We are talking about a .75mm difference in that area between the Cambium, and other ports. Maybe that's the cause, and maybe it's not. But, it certainly isn't the norm. Even their own routers and POEs use the other port design...

I still feel this is a combination of the end, and Cambiums port design on at least their Force 190. I welcome any other thoughts, or proof otherwise.

https://www.facebook.com/14015527935343 ... =3&theater

Broken end
https://www.facebook.com/14015527935343 ... =3&theater

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:10 pm

Put your order in for Ends on the RF Armor web store.

I box for every radio you tested.

In the comments section at check out say "Chris said I get these ends for FREE" please refund my card - AND THAT YOU WANT NON NUMBERED ENDS.

We will refund your purchase when we ship.

Thanks for your help I think after this next shipment which is on the sea now I will only go with the non numbered tang.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

gunther_01

Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:31 pm

I hope it helps someone at a minimum.
I ordered them a bit ago. x0007948

Previous
Return to RF Armor™