Mimosa B5 first impressions

MIMOSA™ is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
tossman101
Employee
Employee

Re: Mimosa B5 first impressions

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:17 pm

We have two B5c's in the office, one had not been activated yet. I just went through that process while powering the radio with 48VH on a WS-24-400 and had no problems. The other one had already been activated, but I have it powered up the from the same switch with 48VH and have not had any problems with it. Everything thing seems to be working fine. I will let this run for a while, if I notice any issues I will report them immediately.

iellison

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:15 pm

Thanks! Makes sense, as long as it has 48V, the device should only draw the amperage it needs.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:28 pm

Well our big concern was that the pin out on their power adapter had pairs 1 & 2 or 3 & 4 polarity flipped from what we provide but they also said they gave polarity protection which is supposed to deal with it and it apparently does.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

iellison

Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:44 pm

Thanks for being the Guinea Pig Chris! Very impressed with your product, will be buying lots more.

rconaway
Associate
Associate

Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:34 pm

They have an adjustable window from 2 to 8ms. We just got done doing a 5-hop link with them. We haven't finished the setup and firmware upgrades yet but we expect them to be around 20ms.

Rory

wtm
Experienced Member

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:32 am

New firmware is supposed to be available this month with better noise suppression in it.
Mine are working real good so far, putting in the AF5x's on the second half of this link tonight, and we will then see which ones work the best.

At that point, I will decide which one is best for us, and replace the other half with the same type unit!

Both these will be running 32 miles ! Pirate4

wirelessblue

Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm anxious to hear how the Mimosa B5 compares to the AF-5X. I have four AF-5X units sitting here but no proper antennas. I'll probably use the RD-5G30 for now and convert later but I'm considering just using a Mimosa B5 instead for this particular link. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Bryan

P.S. Loving the WISP switches I'm now installing everywhere!

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:25 pm

I just installed 2 AF5X. Went from a measly 20mbps on 2 RocketM5, up to 120x20. This is a 13 miles link w/ signal at -67 centered at 5180 with enough noise to shred the RocketM5's throughput. RD30 on each end. Also, I just swapped the radios out (no slant kid) and I think they are a bit mis-aligned which I'll correct this weekend.

I should add that another provider is running RocketM5 on sectors hot (my math says he turns the antenna gain setting down to ~10 on the 20dBm sectors to get more power) AND up tilted so I'm seeing them at full power at equal height out 7 miles so I'm *pushing* through this with the AF5X. I believe that the AF5X is better than the B5/B5c in this scenario because the 100% duty cycle takes the channel. I don't think this will convince him to turn his output down but may throw some armor on those bare sectors and downtilt them like they should be.

wirelessblue

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:14 pm

That's pretty impressive. Perhaps the AF-5X will turn out pretty well after all. Thanks for your reply.

jaimefink

Thu May 14, 2015 10:27 am

sirhc wrote:
lligetfa wrote:No, I meant the orange in the marketing... seems all the rage and that blue is passé.. It just happens that 48V is orange too.

LOL - yea Jamie comes across as someone that would pick a color based on market research. - NOT AN INSULT JUST AN OPINION JAMIE IS A NICE GUY

HA HA! I was worried. I don't think our market research was that sophisticated though, mimosas are orange, and such simple decisions are made over a beer at the same time you're deciding your business cards should also be coasters.

PreviousNext
Return to MIMOSA™