Mimosa B5 first impressions

MIMOSA™ is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: Mimosa B5 first impressions

Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:13 pm

brock wrote:
We have some "green field" locations where we can use that, but the bandwidth demand is not there, so... yeah pretty much. The only case I can think of is we're looking at getting on a mountain top that can see for 200 miles or so, and if we wanted to branch out from there we could probably feed it with a B5c, but in that case we'd probably want a proper AF5 at a minimum for proper full-duplex.

If you plan on PTMP then 80Mhz channels is pretty hard to justify. If you plan to mix vendors* then it's hard to work. Even in UNII1, you only have 50Mhz on the top at full output, UNII2 just doesn't cut it for the typical backhaul. 80Mhz is just hard to fit anywhere w/ PTMP.

Now, if you can arrange for some fairly unlikely scenarios where you have nothing but 80Mhz radios w/ sync in a master configuration, with no UNII3 PTMP needs then sure. If you can live with UNII2 PTMP and the single shared UNII3 channel for all B5 radios then maybe.

brock

Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:37 pm

rebelwireless wrote:
brock wrote:
We have some "green field" locations where we can use that, but the bandwidth demand is not there, so... yeah pretty much. The only case I can think of is we're looking at getting on a mountain top that can see for 200 miles or so, and if we wanted to branch out from there we could probably feed it with a B5c, but in that case we'd probably want a proper AF5 at a minimum for proper full-duplex.

If you plan on PTMP then 80Mhz channels is pretty hard to justify. If you plan to mix vendors* then it's hard to work. Even in UNII1, you only have 50Mhz on the top at full output, UNII2 just doesn't cut it for the typical backhaul. 80Mhz is just hard to fit anywhere w/ PTMP.

Now, if you can arrange for some fairly unlikely scenarios where you have nothing but 80Mhz radios w/ sync in a master configuration, with no UNII3 PTMP needs then sure. If you can live with UNII2 PTMP and the single shared UNII3 channel for all B5 radios then maybe.

Yeah I was thinking if we were running backhaul to and from the mountain, all synched up with B5s, no local PTMP on UNII3, that would work. Can't think of any other scenarios that would be worth bothering with. Still, I'd probably want a full duplex uplink in that case.

rconaway
Associate
Associate

Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:10 am

There are a lot of situations where 80MHz is justifiable, especially remote backhaul. Keep in mind that the radio will auto-adapt the spectrum size to make sure it stays connected.

Rory

Manulu

Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Im new to evertything, also sorry for my English pues hablo español but i've invested in a (3) Ws-6-mini for my 3 tower

In tower A im powering: 2 Mimosa's B5 and 2 Mikrotik mAntbox 15s

In tower B im powering: 1 Mimosa's B5 and 2 Mikrotik mAntbox 15s

In tower C im powering: 1 Mimosa's B5 and 2 Mikrotik mAntbox 15s

can anyone tell me if ill have problem with the B5's in tower A? or they will work good

Previous
Return to MIMOSA™