Who's using this yet?

iData™ and it's product iWiSp™ is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
keefe007
Experienced Member

Who's using this yet?

Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:35 pm

Just curious who's using this platform so far.

edward

Re: Who's using this yet?

Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:10 pm

I've been using it since the start. It's progressing along nicely.

kbloch

Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:46 pm

Have been using for a couple of versions now. Started with .21 then .25 and now .27 The .27 version seems to be working well for most things but still has a few bugs. The product is still beta so keep that in mind. They are at the stage of trying to add features that are being requested and making overall improvements in its operation. They are based in Greece so if you need immediate help or a question ask the time difference may be an issue for some people.

The software uses https or ssh to gather information from the devices that are monitored. This will limit its ability to gather information from devices such as Exalt that have snmp support but not https or ssh access (EX5r-IP series that we use).

I had hoped when they started talking about the software on the UBNT forum that it would be SNMP based but that is not the case. An SNMP based product would allow end users to add devices from other manufactures much easier and not be locked in to only those devices the product supports.

I have tried OpenNMS software, "The Dude" from Mikrotik and others and all have issues in effectively monitoring a wireless network. OpenNMS was just too difficult in my opinion to try to setup monitoring of wireless devices. The Dude is not being supported and does not seem to be a priority for Mikrotik. Other commercial products are geared towards servers, switches or routers and not wireless networks. The Dude was at least easy to setup and install. I could add devices and monitor wireless signal strength and other parameters with ease. My biggest complaint was that it looks so out of date and needs a serious update.

Mikea
Associate
Associate

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:02 pm

kbloch Great info on this post, maybe you haven't read a post that we made couple of months ago saying that SNMP monitoring will be a part of iWiSp application but the development for this will start when the Release Version of iWiSp is ready.
Mike A - www.iwisp.gr

kbloch

Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Mike,

I missed that post that SNMP would be coming in a future release.

I think you have a winner of a product from my early version tests. Adding the SNMP support will be a great addition to the product.

Return to iWiSp™