New WISP Monitoring Software

iData™ and it's product iWiSp™ is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Re: New WISP Monitoring Software

Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:03 pm

I think they've realized that cloud hosting isn't the silver bullet they'd hoped it would be. Also, I would imagine stockholders have some idea about the customer complaints on both discontinuing AC2, cloud only airCRM, and the complete lack of monitoring tools for many ubnt products. I've heard from a reliable source that the announcement to drop aircams from airvision cost ubnt a couple big customers and that one of them had some clout.

IMHO there have been some really bad management decisions over there in the last year or so and products from some teams being pretty....lacking. There are some fantastic products coming from ubnt, but often half-baked firmwares, and/or with missed timelines. New products being developed when existing products are incomplete. The worst SIP phones on the market for example while AC2 and airCRM products are non-functional for something like 60% of the products being shipped.

I'm not at all annoyed by the delays for DFS certs, or the hardware in general, I think they have a good, solid base and are a good value. It's the secrecy in delays, the omissions of obvious details, a TERRIBLE & UNTRUTHFUL marketing department that constantly advertises features that either don't exist or are only available on a small subset of items, etc.

I damn near got banned like Chris for the airPrism advertisement on the front page of the site (and in all the docs), implying that the vast majority of gear had it when in reality only a single unifi AP did. Zero Hand-off to this day is advertised on the Unifi flyer even though it doesn't work on a handful of devices (the newest devices actually), which if you search the forums for is a frequent source of outrage as people purchased the APs for that specific feature.

the list goes on, I'm sure people are getting tired of reading my multi-paragraph rants lol

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:48 pm

an update to AC2 and airCRM today. maybe things have turner around (crosses fingers)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:01 pm

rebelwireless wrote:an update to AC2 and airCRM today. maybe things have turner around (crosses fingers)

What update?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sbyrd
Experienced Member

Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Hi all,

releasing AC2 Beta14 with follow changes:

- New: Added support for PowerBeam M2 400, PowerBeam M5 300/400/620

- Fix: Configuration validation error if output power is less than 8

- Fix: Invalid channel width setting in configuration after upgrade from v5.5

- Fix: Could not start device configuration if config backup is missing

- Fix: Graphical problems on some video cards after upgrade to OS X Maverics

- Fix: Delay when updating device counters (All/Online/Offline/Not Monitored)

- Fix: Device reporting url not being updated after reconnect

- Fix: Fixed topology view corruption after running discovery task

Mikea
Associate
Associate

Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:42 am

Sbyrd thank you for your assistance and for this post.
At the moment we can start supporting Netonix general monitoring (tested with FW 1.1.1) we are in difficult position on adding support faster for Netonix since we dont have any in house and from a fast research there are no dealers for Netonix switches here in Greece. Hopefully some of Netonix users are here to help us and they gave remote access on their equipment.
we would like to let you all know that we are in the process to move from Alpha Stage to stand alone Beta trials.
as about the pricing model we assure you that there will be significant changes that we think that will change the game.
Mike A - www.iwisp.gr

rkelly1
Experienced Member

Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:53 am

Mikea - Will the beta stage include the local version?

Mikea
Associate
Associate

Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:10 am

rkelly1 wrote:Mikea - Will the beta stage include the local version?

Definately it will and thats the main reason why we move to beta.
After the RC comes there will be 2 branches of software, the Beta that will be for development reasons and the Stable.
After today's progress i can say that the local version will be released during the next week.

rebelwireless wrote:honestly, I'm not paying a dime for just monitoring, I can do that with a number of packages. The system has to be able to do firmware updates and other configurations else I'm not interested.

We are aware of this and we agree. But we develop the monitoring feauture of the application first and we think that this is the most valuable and important aspect of the application cause you cant use configuration if you dont know that there is an issue.
More to come.
Mike A - www.iwisp.gr

Mikea
Associate
Associate

Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:19 am

We are very pleased to announce that we have start rolling out stand alone (local) version BETA (to a selected group of users).
Mike A - www.iwisp.gr

edward

Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:56 pm

A screenshot for Netonix switch from the stand alone version.
Attachments
iwisp2.jpg
iwisp2.jpg (67.46 KiB) Viewed 24764 times

kbloch

Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:59 pm

In my opinion the main problem with the monitoring solutions provided by UBNT are its lack of support for SNMP. If the UBNT solution could monitor each and every UBNT product but still did not support SNMP for other manufactures it would still be of limited use. The only reasons I see to use the UBNT AirControl, AirCrm etc is to do firmware and configuration updates.

A good solution paid for or not that can monitor all SNMP devices and that has been designed to support the wireless industry is still needed. The Iwisp software may be a good solution if they can find a pricing model that works for many companies. A free version with a 90 day trial period that could monitor a single class C network may be a good starting point. Paid versions that support larger or more subnets in different tiers may be the way to go. I am not in favor of a system that charges per node as it becomes a headache to keep tract of how many nodes are in use etc. A few simple tiers from say 250 devices, 500, 1000 and unlimited may be a better model. I am also more in favor of a model that allows you to buy the software and receive support for a fixed number of years then you can continue to use after that without support or to pay an annual maintenance fee to receive support and upgrades. We do this with many other software and hardware services at this time.

PreviousNext
Return to iWiSp™