SENDING ME TEXTS

This is my personal thread to share practices that have served my WISP well
sirhc
Employee
Employee

SENDING ME TEXTS

Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:06 pm

Anyone pissed at me for not responding to SMS text messages IT IS NOT MY FAULT.

My Galaxy S3 died December 23rd and I bought an S5 and since then I can not receive text messages.

I went to the "franchise" store I bought it at and they were USELESS.

Told me to default my phone which I told them would not help and I did do this last night and NOTHING!

I guess I will have to make the trek out to a corporate Verizon store.

I can recieve pictures via SMS text so if you want to take a picture of a note and send it to me I will get it and I can send texts out just not receive them or you can Skype me "ctsisler"
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

WisTech
Associate
Associate

Re: SENDING ME TEXTS

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:15 pm

HAHA I wondered why you didn't respond. I was thanking you for helping me out the other night. Pirate4

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:12 pm

Yea, I am SMS gimped
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:06 pm

My SMS text ability has been fixed.

wispwest

Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:57 am

I think your crazy for giving out your cell phone to anyone buying your products and letting people text you. I can only imagine your wife is probably annoyed of your phone going off at all hours of the night and day! That's really over-and-beyond customer service, and I thought I was too nice to my company!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 pm

"MOST" of you guys are pretty nice and only call me in emergencies. I have had a few people call me in the middle of the night and wake me up from different parts of the world but MOST are polite.

Look I am here to help, yes I want to also get rich if I can but I would be happy at this point just to get back my life savings that I have invested in this.

And yes my wife has threatened to leave me several times with all the time I spend at this, even before Netonix people from all around the world would call me to support UBNT gear because I put my cell number on their forums and on the RF Armor web page.

All I can say is I try, I am not perfect, I make mistakes, and I am only one person and do not have enough time in a day!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

SENDING ME TEXTS

Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:47 pm

I forgot to tell people my phone now receives SMS texts. :hurray:

The problem was the idiot who sold me the phone did not fully activate my SIM. :pissed:

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:07 pm

sirhc wrote:I forgot to tell people my phone now receives SMS texts. :hurray:

No you didn't forget to tell us. You forgot that you told us. Just look back a few posts. :screwb:

Is your phone too quiet? Maybe you could get some of your systems to send you SMS?

At one time our cell provider had a free email2SMS gateway. I could tell my NMS and my email client to send messages via email to my phone as SMS. My employer at the time blocked data so regular email was not an option. My various systems that were capable of sending emails could alert me by phone. The ones that I could not control the email subject or body size, I would have relayed through my Lotus Notes client via rules.

Then our cell provider changed their email2SMS gateway and started charging per message. On top of that, we would get a text message to say we had a message waiting and we'd have to send a text to get the message. What a friggin PITA that was.

johanh13

Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:14 pm

All I can say is that Chris is one of the nicest guys [in the industry] that i know! Thanks for all the help and the great products (got my ws-12-250b and ws-8-250-ac in today, testing as we speak!)

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 pm

johanh13 wrote:All I can say is that Chris is one of the nicest guys [in the industry] that i know! Thanks for all the help and the great products (got my ws-12-250b and ws-8-250-ac in today, testing as we speak!)

Thanks, and I hope you still feel that way "after" you test!

Return to Sirhc's Corner