Site grounding

This is my personal thread to share practices that have served my WISP well
sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Site grounding

Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:31 pm

gaspensonace wrote:Sirhc,

You mentioned to put a ground bar at the top of the tower connecting the radios and antenna ground. And a master ground bar to connect everything to. What do you recommend for a bus bar outside? We have copper bus bars but are worried about corrosion and expansion/contraction each year. Thanks

I used copper ground bus bars with insulators and corrosion prevention paste

www.sitepro1.com
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

beambarossa

Wed May 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Just a quick one - we had a large tower that was constantly getting equipment destroyed even after solid grounding of the tower etc. After we ran a dedicated earth wire up with 4 bars each about 15m apart we survived a very serious storm the other night which destroyed a tower near by. May have been luck but very promising as in the past any storm like that would have done damage.

No we are overhauling some other sites, we have a standard 30m triangular tapered tower with quite a bit of gear on each leg. Is it OK to run a dedicated wire up each leg back down? I only ask as the tower width is nearly 4m which makes for very long ground cables before it can reach the bar etc.

Thanks heaps!

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:02 pm

Are your tower ground bonded to your electrical service ground rods?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Previous
Return to Sirhc's Corner