AF 5X

Ubiquiti Networks® is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
WisTech
Associate
Associate

Re: AF 5X

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:37 pm

The 5X doesn't run that hot, but in the AZ sun on a bare box, it may cook that sucker honestly. We tried to get one inside of an RF Armor box and found the box wasn't long enough to house it. This 'new one' is the box that slides down from the top onto the hanger lip, and then two screws from the bottom to hold it in place, correct?

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:54 pm

The plastic cover shields a portion of the unit. Maybe we don't need a hard case around it, just a molded plastic sun shade

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:17 pm

WisTech wrote:The 5X doesn't run that hot, but in the AZ sun on a bare box, it may cook that sucker honestly. We tried to get one inside of an RF Armor box and found the box wasn't long enough to house it. This 'new one' is the box that slides down from the top onto the hanger lip, and then two screws from the bottom to hold it in place, correct?

Yes but there are old and new versions of that. I had made a trip out to SJ in November of 2013 and saw prototype of the AC rockets that we really long (they never finished that design). Anyway they gave me that prototype Rocket chassis and I brought it back here and that is when I extended the Rocket cavitites on both the Dish Kits and Sector Kits and started calling them UDK25AC on the box as the part number.

Now those units did not start shipping to end users until early summer of 2014 at the earliest.

The newest Rocket Cover for the dish kits is 13.5" long OD. This allows for a 7.5" long Rocket?

How long is the AFX top to bottom?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:20 pm

sirhc wrote:
How long is the AFX top to bottom?

8.8"

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:26 pm

Well I went and measured a box, it MIGHT fit?

Someone needs to try.

I could make a larger box if people want one that would be easy to swap out?

I would ask Robert to send me one but he hates me now I guess, but I still love him!

I think he has some issues but don't we all?!

My wife tells me I am unbearable most times!
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mhoppes
Associate
Associate

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:24 pm

So will the AF-5X power off a Netonix since it's 24 volt Gigabit with power on all pairs?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:33 pm

mhoppes wrote:So will the AF-5X power off a Netonix since it's 24 volt Gigabit with power on all pairs?

Yes several people have already posted on this Forum and on UBTN Forum that they have the AF5X and our switch is powering them.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:34 pm

Tony said he is powering one with a WISP switch. Ubiquiti said a TS will power it but it is right on the edge of the spec.

Powering it with 4 wires versus 8 probably will distance limit you. Chris or Dave can probably tell you how close the spec limit it would be on the WISP switch. I see the specs on the new Mini include a 24VH that uses all 8 wires.

Previous
Return to airFIBER™