AF 11X not passing VLAN traffic

Ubiquiti Networks® is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
BaldwinCo

AF 11X not passing VLAN traffic

Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:01 pm

I have posted this on the UBNT forum and I am working with the group in Chicago. But the problem is not resolved so I am trying here to get some more ideas on a possible fix. Or at least some things to try.

I have two AF11 backhauls at different locations, both with problems but different symptoms. I have Netonix switches on both ends running 1.4.7. The switches are powering the antennas.

Situation 1. Running 3.7rc3, 10x modulation with stable wireless link until there is activity on my management VLAN and then the link drops. Activity in this case is specifically upgrading firmware on a AP or Station that is on a management VLAN. The link is passing the other two VLAN IDs traffic just fine.

Situation 2. Running 4.0 Beta 5, 10x modulation with stable link. Only one VLAN ID, but that traffic will not pass across the link. The link stays up, just won't move VLAN traffic. Running 3.7rc3, link drops.

The AF guys took my configs and sup files and duplicated the situation except they used UBNT switches. They could not replicate the problem.

Note that in both cases I had AF5X'es in place working just fine!

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. Thank You.

mrmarria

Re: AF 11X not passing VLAN traffic

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:45 pm

I don't have an answer for you, but a question. Are you powering the AF-11x directly from the Netonix 48VH POE port or doing something different?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:00 pm

Please post up your config TABs of both switches.
Main Status
Ports
VLANs
Device/Config
Any Tab with changes

Also I would run v1.4.8rc7 as it has any bugs reported in v1.4.7 fixed (not saying that is the issue but why not run the version without known issues)
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

BaldwinCo

Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:10 pm

This problem was resolved with a DEV version of firmware provided by the UBNT guys. Yes, I am powering the AF-11x directly from the switch.

Return to airFIBER™