mimosa vs AF5

Ubiquiti Networks® is not associated with Netonix® in any way.
amishgenius
Associate
Associate

mimosa vs AF5

Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:51 pm

I noticed robert called mimosa the little company, and basically referred to them as wannabe. I am excited to see a company/product that could potentially provide some competition for ubiquiti. I know their ptp units are more expensive than the ubiquiti AC line, but they have some impressive features...provided of course they do what they say.

I am very intrigued with their ptmp lineup, can't wait to see them.

thoughts, comments?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: mimosa vs AF5

Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:59 pm

amishgenius wrote:I noticed robert called mimosa the little company, and basically referred to them as wannabe. I am excited to see a company/product that could potentially provide some competition for ubiquiti. I know their ptp units are more expensive than the ubiquiti AC line, but they have some impressive features...provided of course they do what they say.

I am very intrigued with their ptmp lineup, can't wait to see them.

thoughts, comments?

Robert would do well to remember his humble beginnings less than 10 years ago and also remember the little WISPs that support him all have a bad taste for extremely large arrogant companies like the Cable and Telecom industry.

And more recently they [cable/telecom] put their puppet as the head of the FCC. :pissed:

If Robert wants to flex his muscles and money he could do so against the FCC. :thumbsup:

I am curious why Robert does not do more to lobby the FCC. Maybe because the US is only 20% of his airMAX business?

Do not get me wrong I am not happy with Mimosa's PTP 5GHz hog link either, only thing I like better about it is it is not a constant transmit radio like AF5 which is a help but would prefer channel width was limited outside to 30 or 40 MHz.

Maybe WISPA should propose outside channel width limits to the FCC? :idea:
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

mike99
Associate
Associate

Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:56 am

Didn't have good result with Mimosa. Too much affected by noise, even more than airmax M series product (didn't think it was possible). Any RF armor kit for mimosa coming soon ?

rebelwireless
Experienced Member

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:42 pm

I know someone with 2 mimosa links (a B5 pair and a B5c w/ RD30) and he is very satisfied with both. I helped setup the B5 link and it looks good.

Ubiquiti pushed mimosa out of my thoughts though with the AF5X (on preorder)

Return to airFIBER™