RF Armor 30' Rooftop mount

Forum rules
THIS FORUM IS FOR PICTURES AND STORIES ONLY, PLEASE DO NOT POST QUESTIONS HERE!
sirhc
Employee
Employee

RF Armor 30' Rooftop mount

Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:06 pm

I thought I would share this install with you.

This is using an RF Armor 30' Non-Penetrating Mount.
Click this link to Learn More: http://www.rfarmor.com/index.php/mounts ... m30wm.html

This install was for a commercial customer that could not see any of our towers without a little help.

We put it in about 2 years ago. We are considering on putting some AP's on the tower to pick up other customers in this area. The customer paid an extra $2,000.00 install fee to cover the mount and labor.

The cable company wanted like $60,000.00 to bring cable to the industrial park and their only other option was Wind Stream, which was SLOW and went out all the time.

I think they only have our $100 per month SOHO program but there were 2 accounts in this building each with a SOHO program so $200 per month revenue.

ROHN sales a similar mount for $1,500 for just the base. The RF Armor mount comes with (3) 10' sections on the same pallet for the price of the ROHN base. I have both ROHN and RF Armor mounts and the RF Armor mount is sturdier....I am not just saying that because I own RF Armor and worked on the design, it really is.

When we designed this I wanted less sway than the ROHN mount has which is why the support arms reach up over 5 feet. We had 3 of us up on these mounts, one on each face of the tower, each with a 30 lb. climbing harnesses on rocking it around. That is 3 grown men plus harnesses so figure over 500 lbs.

Another advantage with this mount over the ROHN is that it allows for adjustment to plum the tower on up to a 2% roof grade as no flat roof is really flat. The ROHN mount does not offer any plum adjustment.

CLICK IMAGE BELOW TO VIEW FULL SIZE
30-1.jpeg

CLICK IMAGE BELOW TO VIEW FULL SIZE
30-2.jpeg

This mount is SOLID! We have several in service with our WISP http://www.netlinx.net
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

adairw
Associate
Associate

Re: RF Armor 30' Rooftop mount

Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:02 am

Do you have any stats on how much sq/ft of windload it will take?

Return to RF Armor®™