latest firmware?

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
CharlesA920

latest firmware?

Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:22 pm

Just got my first couple switches. Setting up the WS-12-250-AC and it has 1.2.0
How about a link to the firmware you suggest I use?
thx

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: latest firmware?

Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Well you can find the firmware pretty easy, I think anyway?

From our MAIN web page at the bottom there is a link that takes you directly to the firmware download thread.
CLICK IMAGE BELOW TO VIEW FULL SIZE
0.jpg
0.jpg (292.56 KiB) Viewed 3244 times

Or once you are at our forums you do the following.
1.jpg
1.jpg (149.8 KiB) Viewed 3244 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (171.94 KiB) Viewed 3244 times

3.jpg
3.jpg (225.4 KiB) Viewed 3244 times
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

lligetfa
Associate
Associate

Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:54 pm

V1.2.4 is the latest stable. YOu can find it and all prvious versions in the following thread.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=240
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=845

HA! Chris beat me to it.

CharlesA920

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Thanks! That was easy. Now I know how to search for it... "Download latest stable firmware", I was searching for "download latest firmware".

Of course I was looking in http://forum.netonix.com as instructed in the papers which came packed with the switch.

CharlesA920

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:47 pm

I have a working tough switch pro at my initial tower and want to replace it with this Netonix which I believe I have configured correctly.
And I want to get it up and running with the least amount of down time.

How about I install the switch but not power it up, transfer all the cables, power it up?
This way I can get it going in less than 1 min. (the AF24 & AF5 will take a bit to boot and acquire).

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:59 pm

CharlesA920 wrote:I have a working tough switch pro at my initial tower and want to replace it with this Netonix which I believe I have configured correctly.
And I want to get it up and running with the least amount of down time.

How about I install the switch but not power it up, transfer all the cables, power it up?
This way I can get it going in less than 1 min. (the AF24 & AF5 will take a bit to boot and acquire).

Yea you can do that I suppose but the I would not do it that way and I own a pretty decent sized WISP myself. I would power up the switch, connect my laptop to it and re-configure it the way I want it but leave POE OFF. THen move 1 device at a time on to the switch and run a cable diagnostics from the the Status Tab and if no "CROSS" shorts are detected then power up that port.

Remember normal airMAX Radios will report as follows:

No POE power:
Pair 1: OPEN or Abnormal Termination
Pair 1: OPEN or Abnormal Termination
Pair 1: Short <== THis is normal as UBNT bonds the pair together

POE power ON:
Pair 1: OK
Pair 1: OK

Cable Diagnostics is found on the Status Tab by clicking on the little gear to the far right of each Port Status row.

You should fully EXPLORE the Switch UI on a bench before you try and deploy it. Click on everything and see if it is a link.

I always prefer that people do not un-plug and plug POE ports with live POE but there is nothing wrong with plugging the radios into a switch that is not powered up then plugging the switch in.

However this assumes that all the cables are KNOWN GOOD. Normally I prefer people run a cable diagnostics from the the switch UI to insure no cross shorts exist across pairs before powering up because a cross short will damage the switch and or the radio. BUT since these are know good cabling I suppose the risk is minimal.

Cross short and lightning damage to the switch is not covered under warranty but we will repair it for a fee.

However what most people THINK is lightening surge damage is 99% of the time because the tower ground system is not connected/bonded to the electrical system earth ground and the ground potential difference is what tears out the the Ethernet port. ALWAYS BOND/CONNECT YOUR TOWER GROUND RODS TO YOUR ELECTRICAL SERVICE GROUND RODS.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:02 pm

I also suggest you spend an hour scanning over some threads here on the forums.

These are some GOOD Reads:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=452
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=188 <== EXCELLENT READ
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=671&hilit=Flow+Control <== READ ENTIRE THREAD FROM THE BEGINNING

Return to Hardware and software issues