Switch Rebooting

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
alohabro

Switch Rebooting

Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:25 am

I have an 8 port switch that seems to be rebooting every few days. I upgraded it to firmware 1.2.2, but still doesn't help.
Anything I should try, or can I RMA it?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Switch Rebooting

Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:30 am

Aloha Elton,

If you just upgraded it why not go to v1.2.4 (current version)? But this is not the issues as that was not an issue with any known firmware bug just trying to understand why you would upgrade to v1.2.2?

Your description does not give much to go on, maybe you could describe how your using the switch and how it is configured.

Well, I would first try and determine if it is environmental meaning something possibly power related? Or since you are in Hawaii maybe you have this in a really small box in direct sunlight and it is getting hotter than 55C? I have no idea based on your description.

Where is it located?

What is it powering?

How are you powering it?

I assume when you say it reboots the up time goes to zero and starts over?

Show us your config Tabs (Ports Tab - VLANs Tab - Device/Config Tab - Any other Tab with changes).

Since you are the only one reporting this issue I want to determine as much as possible about the situation. If there is something wrong with the switch we need to determine what it is because maybe I will not be able to recreate the issue and the switch will test out fine in our shop then we return it and the problem still persists.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

alohabro

Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:43 pm

Yea, I left out the details thinking maybe it was a known issue. If I am then only one having the problem, then that is a different story.

It is located in a cabinet that gets direct sunlight, so I thought about over heating too. But the odd thing is that it will reboot in the early morning. It's at 4000 feet above sea level, which can be warm during the day, but drops down into the 50s at night.

It is plugged into a Tripp Lite APS750 Inverter / Charger
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007P ... detailpage

I have one other device plugged into it which is not rebooting.

It is running an AF24 on port 1, and then 2 rockets on ports 3 and 4.

When I say it reboots, yes the uptime goes to zero. Also, all the devices connected to it show the same uptime.

It's a pretty basic set up.

Thanks for your help.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:14 pm

Hey Elton,

Do you have a spare WS8 to swap out and see if the problem stops or stays?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

alohabro

Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:39 pm

Hey.
So its been a while since I responded to this post. The switch stayed up for 14 days, so I thought the issue was fixed, but then it started rebooting again every 3-4 days. We replaced it 13 days ago and it hasn't rebooted since. How long should I wait on this new one? Can I RMA the old one?

Return to Hardware and software issues