WS-8-150AC - Keeps locking up?

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
sbyrd
Experienced Member

WS-8-150AC - Keeps locking up?

Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:56 pm

I have a WS-8-150-AC that I have had deployed for years with no issues. Board is Rev F with MAC EC13B2D10C48. Not sure when it was installed or how old the switch is.

Anyway what happened is at 1:26pm today I got an alert from the tower router that the interface to the WS-8 went down. It was not flapping and showed no errors. I then tried rebooting the switch by powering off the outlet for the switch on our smart power strip at the tower. Switch came back fine.

Then at 2:15pm it happened again. Again like before a remote power cycle of the power outlet fixed it.

As I do not know why this started happening I have replaced the switch with a new one and will see if the issue continues or not. In the meantime what could be the cause of something like this?

Switch is a very simple setup with no STP or LAG. It is just used as a port expander and POE for APs on the tower. It is using all 8 ports. 1 port is the uplink with no POE. 6 Ports are 24V standard PoE for Airmax APs. 1 is 48V standard POE for an WaveAP-Micro.

I have all ports Isolated except the uplink port and I have a 4 Vlans on the switch to group APs.

When looking at the GUI the switch would use around 50-60 Watts of power with maybe some spikes a 10% higher or lower.

sbyrd
Experienced Member

Re: WS-8-150AC - Keeps locking up?

Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:50 am

Issue did not follow the replacement switch. I have had the switch on the bench connected to 7 PoE devices with the same configuration as it had on the tower and no lockups. Again as asked above what tests do I need to run to confirm if the switch is bad or not? What could have caused the lockups?

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:15 pm

That unit was manufactured in 2016.

It is possible the power supply is failing??????
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

sbyrd
Experienced Member

Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:39 pm

Not sure. I had it on the bench with all POE ports active and connected to devices. Not the exact same load but it was doing around 30-50W and after several days it was fine.

As the issue happened to a remote site, I was never able to see what the switch was doing first hand as I had to power cycle it remotely so I could get my customers back online.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:32 pm

sbyrd wrote:Not sure. I had it on the bench with all POE ports active and connected to devices. Not the exact same load but it was doing around 30-50W and after several days it was fine.

As the issue happened to a remote site, I was never able to see what the switch was doing first hand as I had to power cycle it remotely so I could get my customers back online.

Try running it on the bench with no poe load over night
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues