v2.0.9rc1 Bug Reports and Comments - WS3 Firmware

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
htsinc

Re: v2.0.9rc1 Bug Reports and Comments - WS3 Firmware

Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:17 pm

I also had a Wave AP in port 6 and it again OCP'd when trying to power it up. This switch has never been used to power any devices before. It has sat on my test bench for the last few years. I will try some other ports just to see.. Also I will try something on 24v.

EDIT - I just tried a 24v mikrotik in another port and it OCP'd

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:59 pm

So your saying any radio in any port triggers OCP?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Flo

Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:05 am

sirhc wrote:
CircleBWireless wrote:...

We have determined STP/RSTP/MSTP is broken - working on a fix.
Hoping to have a new release in a couple weeks.

Working on STP/RSTP/MSTP it would be awesome if you could add a logging for topology change events:
https://forum.netonix.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7223&p=36589

Thanks

htsinc

Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:30 am

Yes, any device in any port with any voltage causes an OCP. This is one of the original WS3's

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:45 pm

htsinc wrote:Yes, any device in any port with any voltage causes an OCP. This is one of the original WS3's

Ahh, yes, the original beta release, we had a recall on that unit years ago where you were supposed to RMA it and get a new board put in it. Why did you not RMA it at that time?
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

htsinc

Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:34 pm

I did try to RMA one of them 2 years ago, Never heard from you guys. RMA Number: 20210237, I talked to someone in the last week or so and he said I was supposed to send it in, but I never got any correspondence. So I had no information on the process. I have two if that's still something we can do. Shoot me an email and let me know.

Flo

Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:35 pm

sirhc wrote:
CircleBWireless wrote:F
... I mean RSTP would NOT work on that switch.....constant loops, wouldnt disable the failover port when the primary was on, ...

We have determined STP/RSTP/MSTP is broken - working on a fix.

Also another issue just discovered inserting some if not all 1G SFP modules causes a reboot
Inserting 10G SFP+ modules work fine.

Hoping to have a new release in a couple weeks.

I would appreciate it if you could address these two issues in an upcoming update. This would allow me to upgrade one of our WS switches, which is currently under high load, with a new WS3. It is essential that the update includes functioning RSTP and support for both 10G and 1G modules.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication.

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:07 am

STP/RSTP/MSTP:

We have spent many many hours working with STP/RSTP/MSTP and we were able to reproduce several scenarios that triggered loops and fixed them, please see the new thread to download the firmware:

v2.0.9rc2 Bug Reports and Comments - WS3 Firmware

SFP and Reboots:

1G and 10G module's work fine normally. From our testing, we ran into a specific hardware module manufactured in China that didn't quite follow SFP spec. This caused a stronger voltage drop than it should have, which triggered the reboot. We were actually able to prevent this problem with the offending module, but it requires hardware changes on the switch and thus the switch must be modified via an RMA.

However, SFP module's sourced from reputable manufacturer's should not cause this problem (we tested quite a few, only 1 was shown to trigger the reboot)

Since a new rc is out, this thread will be locked, please continue any observations and comments in the thread posted above.

Previous
Return to Hardware and software issues