WS3

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Dawizman
Experienced Member

WS3

Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:27 pm

Just wondering when we can expect to see a stable software release for this switch line.

Now that they are finally getting built and shipped again, I have many places I would like to deploy these switches, but the unstable software is holding that back.

wtm
Experienced Member

Re: WS3

Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:29 pm

I have a stack of 7-8 of these units sitting in a pile in the corner. Unable to use them. Not sure it is a "Software" problem anymore? :headb:

All running latest 2.0.8 firmware. Aren't able to even finish configuring them before they lock up and are useless !

Dave
Employee
Employee

Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:52 pm

This on the list to address hopefully soon....

Stephen
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:09 am

We are looking into this, however, so far on my test unit, configurations apply in seconds (including VLAN's, LAG's, etc).
Thus far, I have not been able to reproduce the WS3 locking up or any real delay when changes are applied.

Would anyone be able to provide a configuration and/or configuration changes that have been shown to lock up the WS3 or at least seem to take a very long time to apply?

It may also be helpful to know more about the networking layout the WS3 is being used in to reproduce and hopefully fix these issue's.

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:23 am

The issues of config changes causing issues on WS3 units was there in previous firmware versions but that was fixed to my knowledge in latest WS3 firmware version.

But as Stephen asked please provide a way to recreate your issue with the latest firmware and he will look into it.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues