Working Switch; DOA Fan

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
dk4063

Working Switch; DOA Fan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:48 pm

I have two WS-24-400A switches both of which work phenomenally, however, I noticed that one would oscillate the fans on and off every minute or so. I checked the status interface and noticed one fan reporting 0 RPM. After visually confirming the identity and failure of the fan, I'm not certain what to do for RMA's. It seems the only way I would be able to order a new fan is to purchase 30 of them through Digikey. I was hoping for more guidance from the forum.

I'm very pleased with the product; we are currently utilizing them as the core backbone of a mobile communication platform with a VMWare cluster as it's heart. I've pushed as high as 2.4 gbps throughput on the devices over a 4 channels LACP interface group. I can also confirm the operation of SFP+ interface interconnect cables made by Cisco (SFP-H10GB-CU5M). They obviously do not operate at 10 GB, however, they provide stable connection at 1 GB. Also, Cisco (CAB-SFP-50CM) work as well, however, it seems that the interfaces on Cisco SFP and Netonix SFP are not compatible, ie. Netonix interconnecting functions with the cable and cisco interconnecting functions with the cables but connecting cisco to Netonix will not work.

David

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Re: Working Switch; DOA Fan

Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:01 pm

I can sell you replacement fans but it is hard to believe they are failing this soon.

We will sell them for $9.95 each with connector installed.

I will put them on the web store tomorrow.

What firmware are you using?

Also PM me your cell as I would like to have you check a couple things.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues