WS-8-150-DC provides no power to POE ports

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST FIRMWARE HERE
Eagle12

WS-8-150-DC provides no power to POE ports

Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:48 pm

I bought two WS-8-150-DC switches back in December direct from Netonix. Setup the first one connected to two fully charged 12v batteries in series. Switch booted right up, upgraded firmware to 1.5.14, set port 6 to 24v POE and connected a Ubiquiti Powerbeam M2-AC feedhorn and no lights came on the radio. Tried ports 2 thru 5 set to 24v, same result. Booted Powerbeam off POE brick, attached to switch with POE off, works fine. So no POE power is going to any ports even though the switch is set to 24v. Shows no watts used when attempting to power devices. Tried a whole bunch of known good radios, same result.

Unboxed 2nd WS-8-150-DC bought at same time, connected the same way to same battery bank, the 2nd switch powers up equipment no problem. Am I missing something? I've got 20-30 of these in production and have never had this problem.

I created an RMA reporting this same info in early February but have had no response from Netonix regarding the RMA nor my emails asking about the RMA status in the months since. Is this something I can fix myself? I really need to put this switch into production, any suggestions are appreciated.

Doug

thomas

Re: WS-8-150-DC provides no power to POE ports

Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:37 am

I'll bet you you have a manufacturing defect where a small capacitor got blown under one of your 595s before they were placed. if there is no warranty sticker, crack the hood on it and take a closeup of the part of the board. if there is a warranty sticker and you want it fixed under warranty, you'll have to get a hold of netonix. if it is what I think it is, I'll fix it for free if you cover the shipping to/from my shop

Eagle12

Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:05 am

Thanks Thomas, it was under warranty so I sent it in a couple of months ago, hopefully they get to it soon.

Doug

sirhc
Employee
Employee

Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:18 pm

Eagle12 wrote:I bought two WS-8-150-DC switches back in December direct from Netonix. Setup the first one connected to two fully charged 12v batteries in series. Switch booted right up, upgraded firmware to 1.5.14, set port 6 to 24v POE and connected a Ubiquiti Powerbeam M2-AC feedhorn and no lights came on the radio. Tried ports 2 thru 5 set to 24v, same result. Booted Powerbeam off POE brick, attached to switch with POE off, works fine. So no POE power is going to any ports even though the switch is set to 24v. Shows no watts used when attempting to power devices. Tried a whole bunch of known good radios, same result.

Unboxed 2nd WS-8-150-DC bought at same time, connected the same way to same battery bank, the 2nd switch powers up equipment no problem. Am I missing something? I've got 20-30 of these in production and have never had this problem.

I created an RMA reporting this same info in early February but have had no response from Netonix regarding the RMA nor my emails asking about the RMA status in the months since. Is this something I can fix myself? I really need to put this switch into production, any suggestions are appreciated.

Doug

Go to the RMA Portal via the link at the bottom of the web store (Footer) or go to http://rma.netonix.com and open an RMA before your 1 year warranty period expires.

Get your RMA and ship it back. Make sure to keep your RMA #s and corresponding MAC #s so you can check back on the RMA status.
Support is handled on the Forums not in Emails and PMs.
Before you ask a question use the Search function to see it has been answered before.
To do an Advanced Search click the magnifying glass in the Search Box.
To upload pictures click the Upload attachment link below the BLUE SUBMIT BUTTON.

Return to Hardware and software issues